Thread: Minas Tirith - Audience hall

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default Minas Tirith - Audience hall

For public audiences with either the king or steward.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; June 16, 2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Default Re: Minas Tirith - Audience hall

Days after the festivities had concluded a ranger arrives, known by many people as "The Ranger" throughout the realm. He had come with a few companions of the Grey company (of which Anardil is the leader of). He wishes to speak the steward.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"Anardil, come hither"

Said the steward. He was sitting on the black throne, shadowed by the splendid marble seat of the king, empty. The hal was lined with quite a few courtiers and clerks. There was a scribe sitting near the steward's seat, taking notes of the various petitions and business.

"What brings you here?"

Ecthelion was wearing thick wooled clothes and a knit cap covering his graying head.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

"Your Highness"

Anardil made a bow, removing his cap from the head in the process.

"Recently we have explored the forests of Ithilien where we have discovered an old cave behind a waterfall that seems to have been inhabited by humans many years past." They'd discovered rusted swords, shields and other remnants of human activities even.

"I would like to use that idyllic place as our base of explorations " Much like Amon Sul had served the same purpose in the Northern lands of the realm. The rangers had no true home to call after all, not that they wanted that.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; June 16, 2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"Well, just settle there for all I care, as long as I don't have to spend a dime I will lease you those lands freely"

He said. The steward scratched his bearded chin.

"Now you say it... I vaguely remember a tale about a fabled cave in the times of the first Faramir but... whatever. Doesn't even matter"

Ecthelion gestures with a hand, tired.

"You can do whatever you want with that as long as it's legal and you respect the jurisdictions and laws of my princedom. If you screw it up, well, you know what'll happen"

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

"I understand, Highness"

Likely the cave was used as a fortress againt the powers of evil passing through Ithilien long ago. Luckily it still retained its natural beauty.

"You will find no complaints at all"
    The rangers were good people, protecting people and animals from any evildoers. He bowed and then left, glad to leave these mudane halls, for the forests and the animals had been always their best friends.
    Veritas Temporis Filia