Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KINGDOMS PATCH 1.05

GROB's Avatar Civis

Default KINGDOMS PATCH 1.05

Does anybody have a good workable patch 1.05? I would really appreciate it if someone would let me have one. All the patches at the download section are dead. Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: KINGDOMS PATCH 1.05

I have this patch (Total_War_Kingdoms_EnFrItGeSp) from days long past (file folder is dated April 2008). It appears to be a general 1.05 patch that supports the following languages:
    • English
    • French
    • Italian
    • German
    • Spanish

Simply unzip the downloaded file (7Zip is freeware) and then run the setup file inside the folder.

If that doesn't work out then I would suggest to convert to Steam - it's for free including the kingdoms campaign (fully updated to 1.05) provided you have your installation key.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 14, 2019 at 10:18 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    Does anybody have a good workable patch 1.05? I would really appreciate it if someone would let me have one. All the patches at the download section are dead. Thanks!
    I just downloaded it.

https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p...-v1-5/download

However, beware of that this FilePlanet link could vanish anytime in the future due to the decision that IGN made in 2012 and that's to shut down FilePlanet for good hence for being archived now.

But there are other links for the M2TW 1.05 US patch.

https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=19345
    https://www.patches-scrolls.com/medi...r_kingdoms.php -- The best list of download links.

I also uploaded both the M2TW 1.05 US Patch (non-Gold) and the M2TW 1.05 US Patch (Gold) to TWC Download.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

FYI I updated every download link here.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 15, 2019 at 06:36 AM.

That's my observation too, but it doesn't seem to be case for the older patches e.g non-gold or kingdoms patches.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Sorry guys, The US patches didn't work for me. On my old pc, i had to use the UK patch and it worked perfectly. I see a notification on Moddb download that their might be something wrong with that patch. I was able to install and play EB2 on a Medieval 2 option 1.03. How come?

Sorry guys, The US patches didn't work for me. On my old pc, i had to use the UK patch and it worked perfectly. I see a notification on Moddb download that their might be something wrong with that patch. I was able to install and play EB2 on a Medieval 2 option 1.03. How come?
    I've no idea why you can't install the 1.05 US patch.

Have you tried these links?

https://www.gamewatcher.com/download.../patch-1-05-eu
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4449

GROB's Avatar Civis

This is what I get at moddb This patch has been archived by the uploader because it is out of date and no longer supported. We recommend you browse the file list for the latest patch. Every time I tried those patches, It says 1.05 but actually it shows 1.03 on the MED2 options and I can't play Americas, Britainia, Crusades, or Teutonic and my EB2 won't work.
    Last edited by GROB; June 15, 2019 at 01:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Ignore the warning - it's because of the age of the patch (2008) and the focus that shifted to Steam. Your game version however appears to be non gold, at least that's what I am getting from the errors you describe.

Else try my combined patch from post #2, it's proper designation is (EU), btw, and it could be gold as well, but I am not sure.

If none of that works then you should really consider switching to Steam, the disk version is barely supported any more. Or, if you get hold of a working patch, make sure to keep a copy of it safely somewhere. I have been keeping my patch on disk ever since I downloaded it in 2008, I have installed the game on at least half a dozen successive computers since then without hassle.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 15, 2019 at 10:28 PM.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Thanks Gigantus. I just about quit trying with no success. After I installed MED2, and then KINGDOMS. The option shows 1.04. But when trying to install 1.05 Now, it would revert back to 1.03. Now instead I installed EB2 with no problems. I never play americas, britania, crusades or teutonic mods. The dics that I use, say GOLD. I never had this problem before. Both pc's have Win 10.
    Last edited by GROB; June 15, 2019 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Technically when installing kingdoms you should automatically upgrade first to 1.03 (if not installed) before the actual 1.04 (kingdoms) installation starts. At least that's how it works in my installation. Not sure how the 1.05 patch reverts it back to 1.03, which is the version without the kingdoms.exe file, that could be registry related.

I am not much of a believer in continuous installing, eg multiple updating without restart - which means I restart my computer after the initial installation and then upgrade to kingdoms, restart and then do the 1.05 patch. It's old fashioned most likely but for some reason I am vary of registry entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If none of that works then you should really consider switching to Steam, the disk version is barely supported any more. Or, if you get hold of a working patch, make sure to keep a copy of it safely somewhere. I have been keeping my patch on disk ever since I downloaded it in 2008, I have installed the game on at least half a dozen successive computers since then without hassle.
    You're like me, I too do the same thing and that's keep old stuff intact just in case I needed it later.

Thanks Gigantus. I just about quit trying with no success. After I installed MED2, and then KINGDOMS. The option shows 1.04. But when trying to install 1.05 Now, it would revert back to 1.03. Now instead I installed EB2 with no problems. I never play americas, britania, crusades or teutonic mods. The dics that I use, say GOLD. I never had this problem before. Both pc's have Win 10.
    Perhaps you should try to install the 1.02 to 1.03 patch after you finished the installation.

What Gig said makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Technically when installing kingdoms you should automatically upgrade first to 1.03 (if not installed) before the actual 1.04 (kingdoms) installation starts. At least that's how it works in my installation. Not sure how the 1.05 patch reverts it back to 1.03, which is the version without the kingdoms.exe file, that could be registry related.

I am not much of a believer in continuous installing, eg multiple updating without restart - which means I restart my computer after the initial installation and then upgrade to kingdoms, restart and then do the 1.05 patch. It's old fashioned most likely but for some reason I am vary of registry entries.
    You know, I think I have every official M2TW patches (retail) around somewhere and I also have the M2TW Collector's Edition.

I know there is a difference between the gold edition than the kingdom expansion since I installed M2TW then I installed the 1.1 patch and after that I installed the Kingdoms expansion, so after I did that I also installed the remaining patches and in-game I notice that the messed up game time e.g two years in one season in-game when it should have been two seasons in one year seems to be corrected.

My conclusion is that CA missed to correct the messed up game time from the M2TW 1.2 patch hence for the messed up game time in-game in the gold edition, but that's not the first time CA missed some stuff in the gold edition they also missed the law bonus for the academy building in the RTW Gold Edition.

Blog Entries

I vaguely remember that the 1.02 patch could not be upgraded further, so it's essentially 1.01 (which every disk install should have), 1.03 (which the kingdoms installation provides together with 1.04) and then 1.05

How can one tell if they have m2tw 1.05?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    How can one tell if they have m2tw 1.05?
    You're on steam and have it automatically, or you're on disc and deliberately installed it, since disc only goes up to 1.04 as far as I know (kingdoms). If you are on disc and have not installed it, you can safely assume it's not there, though if you, say, 'inherit' the installation and don't know what was done with it, the process may differ and I can look into it should someone else not have more specifics.

Blog Entries

In the game's menu click 'options' - the game version is in the top right.

Indefinitely Banned

I thought latest working patch was Patch 1.2.0, does 1.05 work properly??

Blog Entries

The 1.02 patch is an old update for the default game without expansions, 1.05 is an update for the kingdoms version (which updates to 1.03), eg the expansions, and it works well.

SOMEONE DOWNLAOD IT AND UPLAOD IT HERE. host of this site???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast