Thread: 2 buildings can be constructed simultaneously

Default 2 buildings can be constructed simultaneously

Very simple mod, allows you to construct 2 buildings at once.

Should you happen to want to construct 3 or more at once, it's one line, in a single table.

Can't miss it ^^

P.S: I am not sure if the AI will take advantage of this, and I have no idea how I would figure that out.

Edit 20/06/2019
    I've uploaded a version with installation instructions & user.script.txt file included to TWC download instead, you can find it here:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4454
    Last edited by ABullishBear; June 20, 2019 at 03:26 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: 2 buildings can be constructed simultaneously

I think you should know that you only need to post one more post before you can upload your mods on TWC Download.

Nice addition!

+rep
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ABullishBear View Post
    Very simple mod, allows you to construct 2 buildings at once.

Should you happen to want to construct 3 or more at once, it's one line, in a single table.

Can't miss it ^^

P.S: I am not sure if the AI will take advantage of this, and I have no idea how I would figure that out.
    I changed it to 20 so its now unlimited cause i cant understand why they restrict Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I think you should know that you only need to post one more post before you can upload your mods on TWC Download.

Nice addition!

+rep

Nice addition!

+rep
    Thank you, I have a few questions though:

1: Is TWC download the preferred way of uploading mods? A.K.A is the current way I'm doing it frowned upon?
    2: Do I still create a post describing it, but link to the TWC download link then?
    3: I see others such as Havie using different uploading services such as mega.nz, is there a reason why they won't use TWC download that you are aware of?

@Mpouyagh Glad to see you're customizing it for yourself

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thank you, I have a few questions though:

1: Is TWC download the preferred way of uploading mods? A.K.A is the current way I'm doing it frowned upon?
    In most cases, yes, it is the preferred way of uploading mods, especially if a modder have a hosted mod forum like the DarthMod mod forum for RTW.

I think I need to explain why it's the preferred way to upload on TWC Download, instead of uploading an archive as an attachment in a post and that has to do with this.

However, I doubt that will happen again in the future, but who knows, so I think it's better to avoid uploading mods as an attachments in a post.

2: Do I still create a post describing it, but link to the TWC download link then?
    No. That's not necessary and every modder can upload their mods on any site they like, but there is an unique feature on TWC Download that allows you upload a mod to another site rather than TWC Download and still have a mod entry on TWC Download.

That's a lot easier for a modder to update a mod without much fuss on TWC Download, just update the mod on the site you decided to host your mod and make sure the external link for the mod is working then use the "Link to file" feature on TWC Download.

3: I see others such as Havie using different uploading services such as mega.nz, is there a reason why they won't use TWC download that you are aware of?
    Why most modders are using external hosting sites such as mediafire, mega.nz or moddb has to do with the current max file size of 100 Mb on TWC Download and mods for the newer game titles e.g ETW, NTW, S2TW, R2TW, Atilla, Warhammer 1&2, ToB, 3K are too large to be hosted on TWC Download without using the "Link to file" feature.

That's why modders are hosting their mods on external hosting sites rather than on TWC Download.

Glad to see you're customizing it for yourself
    A word of advice. You should state that in the permission for your mods (like what I did here for my mod), if that's what you want people to do with your mods without asking for mod permission from you, and you are the original author for this mod, right.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

A word of advice. You should state that in the permission for your mods (like what I did here for my mod), if that's what you want people to do with your mods without asking for mod permission from you, and you are the original author for this mod, right.
    Thank you for the explanation, I'll try to avoid using attachments in the future.
    I'll think about what permissions I wish to use, will add them to my mods later.

I'm working on a bit more complicated mods that I definitely would want stricter permissions for >.<

Thank you for these fantastic mods

Glad you find them helpful

Hi thanks for these mod.
    One question is what these mods are compatible with backups?
    Thank you.

Juan, Honestly the best way to find out is to just try.

Usually it does work, but sometimes it doesn't, and I still haven't figured out why or why not.

They're very simple mods, so it should work, and should be easy to see IF they're working

A.K.A, can you suddenly build two buildings* at once on your older save file?
    Then yes.

Just don't forget to add them to your user.script.txt file to ensure they are working.

like so:
    mod simultaneous_building_construction.pack;

one mod per line, good luck!
    Last edited by ABullishBear; June 15, 2019 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo

Thank you for your answer I will try, have a good look.

Hello io put mod in data userscript in appdata i wronte simultaneous_building_construction.pack save,but noy work why?pleae help me

hello mod not work i make all instalation guide not work what need to make
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 18, 2019 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Sorry to hear that, I'll have a look,
    but most likely your user.script file isn't correct.
    will update soon.

Edit:
    I've verified that the mod works as intended, check the updated download link in the OP, it includes a correct user.script.txt file, instructions for where to place the pack file, where to place the user.script.txt file, and while I was at it I included versions for 2 buildings at once all the way up to 6 at once.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ABullishBear; June 20, 2019 at 03:30 PM.

work now thanks

Possible to upgrade pls?

Its not working with v1.1 and v1.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerxer View Post
    Possible to upgrade pls?

Its not working with v1.1 and v1.2

Thanks
    I'll give it a look. ty for notifying.

p.s. did you remove your user.script.txt file referencing the mod and just select the mod in mod manager?
    Last edited by ABullishBear; September 17, 2019 at 08:29 AM.

I just dont see it, it works fine for me, and the variable has not changed name, so there shouldn't be any issue.
    If you are still experiencing issues could you provide some additional information?

Try loading this mod last, perhaps another mod(if you are using more than one) also changes this variable.
    In that case loading mine last should always work, as it only changes that variable and does not replace campaign_variables_tables in its entirety.

p.s. if you have say 3 or 4 building projects allowed at once, then swap it out for a lower one such
    as only 2 allowed at once, that will most likely crash your savefile, as even when you do not have 3 projects going on at once and think its safe to swap it out,
    the AI might have 3 going on at once, and when you then swap to the lower one, the game doesnt know what to do.
    just like with allowing more than one of a building, if you had 3 of one type allowed then swap it to 2 allowed
    your savegame will crash, because the AI probably built 3 of the same building, even if you have not.
    Last edited by ABullishBear; October 05, 2019 at 04:53 AM.