Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is anyone else feeling a bit jaded with Total War?

Default Re: Is anyone else feeling a bit jaded with Total War?

Although I was absolutely blown away during my first campaign in 3K, I am definitely jaded with it and became so much, much faster than with the Warhammer games.

I think part of the problem is all the factions play pretty much the same, in-battle especially. I know the unit roster was always going to be limited in this title but they don't fully utilise the units they have. Half of them are locked in the reform tree which the AI struggles to navigate meaning you face 90% Ji & archer militia. Additionally, there are no faction-specific effects that alter how one faction might work in battle compared to another with the same units and the differences between the units is so marginal. What's the difference between Sabre Infantry, Axe Band and Jian Swordguard? I couldn't tell you because even after one hard campaign and one legendary one, I haven't needed to know.

The only problem I have with the game is finding enough time to play it.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Seeing an announcement of Napoleon 2 or Empire 2 or whatever Victorian Era would make me go back to playing Total War again. Napoleon with Napoleonic Total War mod is such an enjoyable game that Creative Assembly and Modders have offered to the Total War Series. Napoleon is simple, but the mechanics are more authentic and acceptable than TW3 engine games.

However, the biggest issue for me on Napoleon Total War is that damn connection problem in multiplayer due to playing against player on another continent. Napoleon is such a great game for multiplayer battles and I can't play it due to this problem. If Creative Assembly releases a Victorian Total War with a working multiplayer, then that will get my hype back.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I was actually looking at some videos on The Great War channel and a Victorian TW, just after Napoleon TW but before WW1, would be fantastic.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    The only problem I have with the game is finding enough time to play it.
    Indeed, my only problem with the game and why I haven't been able to finish my Sun Jian campaign is because I know if I play it I'll get sucked into it for hours, and I need to work

I ain't jokin' when it comes to mah paintings ಠ_ಠ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123