Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Release: TBA

The Team:
    Litharion (Lead)
    Larkinger (startpos, db editing, scripting)
    ThatWitchThinks (db editing)

Credits:
    PaulH - Lore
    rhysthorburn - Dilemma suggestions
    CeltiK - AI recruitment mod
    Cataph - Huntsmen unit
    drazan - Orc units

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Political Situation: You will be able to see how many elector counts are loyal or disloyal to you and how likely a civil war can happen.*

30 new dilemmas will offer a truly unique and immersive variety of political and religious choices.*

Your actions related to being the Emperor will be summarized by a faction wide stability rating. The stability rating also influences the civil war chance. *

*You might notice some errors in the screenshot texts as they are still being worked on.

Mod Features:

Endless War - Release Phase - I

-> Empire Politics
    A political system for Karl Franz:
    Political dilemmas and incidents will heavily influence your political standing with the other provinces of the Empire, gain the support of the Cult of Sigmar and Ulric to stabilize your rule. If you ignore the provinces and fail to lead the Empire with diplomacy, an empire wide civil war might break loose. Build the Imperial Palace in Altdorf as symbol of your leadership.

-> In the Old World, only war is a constant
    Endless War features about 20 new horde factions with the ability to reappear. Watch Towers and Ranger Outpost can warn you in advance about imminent horde threats. Completely new horde factions, like chaos warbands and rogue necromancers will try to bring destruction to your lands.

-> New playable Factions

- play with Waaagh! Azhag as unique Orc horde faction
    - play with Mousillon and bring terror to the peasants of Bretonnia
    - play with Karak Kadrin lead by the Slayer King himself
    - play with Heinrich Kemmler as an Undead horde faction and join his quest for Arcane Knowledge to grow even stronger than Nagash himself!

-> Waaagh! - the one true git (Greenskins mechanic)
    The Orcs will use a new special resource called Waaagh!
    -Only if you are recognized as a powerful military leader, stronger Orcs will join you forces. Gain Waaagh! points by crushing your opponents in battle. A high waaagh! score will grant powerful bonuses to your faction.

-> Gromril (Dwarf ressource)
    Also known as Meteoric Iron or Star-Metal, is considered by many as one of the strongest and most valuable metals in the whole of the Warhammer World, rivaled only by the most ancient and powerful of Chaos Armour. Gain Gromril by exploring the depths of your mountain holds.High concentrations of Gromril can be found near the lake Black Water.

-> Additional building slots and buildings
    -- The most renown cities of the old world are granted additional building slots
    (Altdorf, Mousillon, Middenheim, Karaz-a-Karak)
    -- All T3 minor settlements will be granted walls
    -- Garrison buildings will cost upkeep to maintain

-> Bretonnia:
    -- tweaked the peasant mechanic, the less peasant you recruit the bigger your farming income.
    -- without peasant armies, bretonnians economy will generate more income!
    -- Horde Armies within your regions will decrease your chivalry
    -- reworked bretonnians recruitment tree, barracks are now gone and not needed to recruit men at arms

-> Other changes
    -> AI recruitment priorities are redone and based on Celtiks work, with his permission.
    -> Later and stronger Chaos Invasion
    -> Norscan Fleets will constantly harass the coasts of Bretonnia and the Southern Realms
    -> Legendary Lords Wounded effects when a legendary lord is wounded negative campaign effects based on the LL are applied to your faction.

Warhammer Armies: Beasts of Chaos (6th Edition), 2003, p 17

Campaign Preview: The Screenshots below showcase how a campaign start might look.

Last edited by Litharion; July 31, 2017 at 05:28 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [WIP] Preview - The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire

Me want it!
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [WIP] Preview - The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire

You finally did it! congrats on the impending release mate.

The idea is cool enough, but what has really grabbed my attention is the new Horde factions. I didn't even know that was possible.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

This is amazing! I was just struggling with how TW:W's method of handling the other Empire provinces didn't make sense.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Amazing stuff my friend! Love it

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Looks amazing! Will this be compatible with overhaul mods such as Lorehammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Looks amazing! Will this be compatible with overhaul mods such as Lorehammer?
    It depends. As this mods changes the startpos in order to add 14 additional horde factions, other mods that change startpos will not be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    The idea is cool enough, but what has really grabbed my attention is the new Horde factions. I didn't even know that was possible.

The Crooked Eye Tribe as an example, a Goblin Warband

So how do your horde factions work? What I mean is, do they work like Beastmen where they just conquer and move on, or are they a free-roaming army that need to build their own settlements once they conquer enemy cities?

So how do your horde factions work? What I mean is, do they work like Beastmen where they just conquer and move on, or are they a free-roaming army that need to build their own settlements once they conquer enemy cities?
    There will be additional Beastmen Hordes that will work like the Beastmen currently work. For the Orcs and Goblins, I am still undecided, right now I favor a pure Horde mechanic for them. Undead Hordes will be able to take empire cities and settle, they are immune to attrition as well, otherwise they could not free-roam the empire. Chaos Warbands will work like the main Chaos faction, I am currently trying to add some Beastmen units to their roster, if it works out they will get a mixed Beastmen/Chaos roster.

When it comes to Orcs, they do seem to live in settled areas sometimes, but perhaps if one of them is a savage orc tribe they'd be better suited to being a horde that acts like Beastmen. Other Orcs and Gobbo's probably suit the current theme better. Unless one of your hordes are the Hobgoblin Khans, they'd be more nomadic I'd expect. Have you considered adding a limited selection of Beastmen to the Chaos roster, so they're represented but not all units are available, and having a vice-versa scenario where the mutated stuff/dragon ogres are available to Beastmen?

It sounds good though, I'm really curious on what those factions will be. Will you be adding new units, or is it all political? If you're adding new units at all, you should take a look at my resource threads, they could help.

When it comes to Orcs, they do seem to live in settled areas sometimes, but perhaps if one of them is a savage orc tribe they'd be better suited to being a horde that acts like Beastmen. Other Orcs and Gobbo's probably suit the current theme better. Unless one of your hordes are the Hobgoblin Khans, they'd be more nomadic I'd expect. Have you considered adding a limited selection of Beastmen to the Chaos roster, so they're represented but not all units are available, and having a vice-versa scenario where the mutated stuff/dragon ogres are available to Beastmen?

It sounds good though, I'm really curious on what those factions will be. Will you be adding new units, or is it all political? If you're adding new units at all, you should take a look at my resource threads, they could help.
    A problem when adding additional units is the compatibility with other mods.

Indefinitely Banned

Good idea, keep it up.

Default Re: Preview - The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire

Some progress on the ui part:

Sounds amazing. Something I've been looking for for a long time. Really, really looking forward to it.

Is it possible/within the scope of the mod to give offices to characters from other Empire factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvas View Post
    Sounds amazing. Something I've been looking for for a long time. Really, really looking forward to it.
    Is it possible/within the scope of the mod to give offices to characters from other Empire factions?
    I am not able to change how offices work. However I like your idea.

This looks great. I like the removal of confederation.
    Make America great again!

Are the new horde factions new new? Or are they replacing old factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    I am not able to change how offices work. However I like your idea.
    That's a shame - could have really tied in as a way to secure loyalty. Maybe CA will open it up with some DLC later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvas View Post
    Are the new horde factions new new? Or are they replacing old factions?

That's a shame - could have really tied in as a way to secure loyalty. Maybe CA will open it up with some DLC later on.
    The factions are new, they will be additional factions for the GC.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast