I had long and very fond memories of RTW and several of my best generals rose from the ranks when they lead garrisons to defend against sudden attacks. I have no idea if that was a mod or not as I have been totally unable to reinstall RTW1.0.0 from the original discs and the BI update ruins all of my RTW 1.2 mods. I can install RTW1.5 Gold from a digital DL but never 1.2 despite a week of attempts using ever trick that know.

However that is not the point of this post. I have had RTW2 on my HDD since it went on sale and I just could not last past 30 turns s it did not really interest me. I could not put my finger on why until now.
The reason is the total lack of ability to use vexillations of units NOT commanded by a general. While I like the concept of fixed legions the use of vexillations seconded from such plus those of garrisons and their commanders was the heart of Roman military flexibility and to ignore it totally undermines any credibility that RTW2 has to even attempting to approximate realism.

So, is there ANY mod out there that makes such units and their commanders) available for use in RTW2?

I am not optimistic but now that I am enduring forced home stay once again, I thought that would ask.