Thread: Poor ol' Gongsun Du

Default Poor ol' Gongsun Du

As Gongsun Zan I took over Gongsun Du's town & tool thing.

His remaining troops stationed outside the tool thing foolishly attacked and (obviously) lost.

I then offered him peace, which he gladly accepts.
    I also tried offering him military access so he could at least move out of my territory but he was totally against that idea(-88)

For the last 40 or so turns, he's been vassalized a few times, called to war a few times and even signed peace agreements.
    Yet he can't move away from my tool thing and remains there to this day, with 3 of his bodyguard and 6 horses total surviving, unable to replenish because he well...
    has no territory >.<

This is a man, with no land, with no income, with no food, and no way to replenish or loot anything.

Yet somehow... He keeps being open to these deals where he pays me 200-400 per turn for various wares, be it food or trinkets!

Methinks I found myself a cash cow.

It's curious though, I play on very hard, and as far as I know the AI shouldn't be getting any cheat money.

Oh well.

I'm thinking someday I might offer him his own little territory, in a far far away land.
    As my vassal ofcourse.

P.S.
    Hopefully the image actually shows, because it doesn't in the preview.

Default Re: Poor ol' Gongsun Du

Gongsun Du historically controlled territory in Liaodong, Manchuria, and parts of northern Korea (he inherited the Leland commandery). So he is basically missing like 80% of his territory in the game as it's probably going to be DLC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Commanderies_of_Han

https://the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/95376667517

Didn't he get that territory later or is he meant to start with it at game start? @Intranetusa

I get the feeling it'll be added as DLC, hopefully alongside an expansion to the Wuhuan tribes.

Pretty much all of Liaodong peninsula is sliced off ingame, his primary holding of Xian Ping(襄平) isn't even on the map.
    I really don't get what's going through CA's mind sometimes, pretty much every single Three Kingdom map online shows exactly where GongSun Du is.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Kang View Post
    Didn't he get that territory later or is he meant to start with it at game start? @Intranetusa
    I get the feeling it'll be added as DLC, hopefully alongside an expansion to the Wuhuan tribes.
    Not entirely sure. There were still 2 (or 3?) Han Dynasty commanderies left in the Korean pennisula by the time of the Three Kingdoms. Gongsun Du was appointed by Dong Zhou and took control of the existing Lelang commander and Daifang Commander (which I believe was created by combining southern parts of Lelang and parts of the Zhenfan commandery). He was also later ordered to attack the other proto-Korean kingdoms in the Korean pennisula and Manchuria.

Since he was appointed by Dong Zhou, I am assuming Gongsun Du simply inherited these territories in Liaodong and northern Korea from the previous Han governor without a fight, so he should have them at the beginning of the game?