Thread: Interesting video from LoTW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Icon5 Interesting video from LoTW

Hi Guys,
    Legend of Total War has produced an interesting video about the sieges in various TW.
    I think he's right in his opinions - even though, in general, I'm sceptical about his power-play style and I'm very sceptical about his opinions on the mods - he simply doesn't know them and doesn't understand intricacies (what his opinion on the EBII showed). However, on the vanilla and underlaying mechanics I find him quite knowledgeable - I agree on siege escallation for ATW, interesting siegies in ToB and the best sieges in M2TW engine.
    What do you think?
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Default Re: Interesting video from LoTW

Nice video. I tend to agree with most of the things Legend said. He could have explained a bit better why sieges are soo good in M2TW but, regardless, it was a fun video to watch and it really shows that despite not having as good graphics as more recent games and not having some of their features, it actually has a very good AI, challenging sieges and even some mechanics who are better than current games, such as the ladders that can be removed from the walls and be placed in another sector of the same walls.