Thread: Adding voice to unit

Default Adding voice to unit

Hi,
    I added unit do Divide and Conquer( for Gondor), of course it has not voices. Acutally it has gondorian voices when has been given order like marching or attacking, but there is no voice when i clikc on them. I have changed some thing in EDU and deleted all .dat .idx in sound folder. so....all, evrything had it. Then i had like 0 voices. I'm trying to do it again, any tips?
    Regards

Default Re: Adding voice to unit

Find another unit that has a selection response you like for your new unit (or at least close enough). Copy the voice_type and accent lines from that unit into your new unit's entry in EDU. Then find the reference unit (type name) in export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt and copy/paste it and add the type name of your new unit to the copy. Then delete events.dat/.idx and launch the game.

If you want to add completely original selection responses for your unit, your .wav files need to be 16bit mono 22.050 Hz, 352kbit/s. Put the .wav's somewhere in the Voice folder, set the correct directory to the files under your new unit's entry in export_descr_sounds_units_voice, delete events.dat/.idx and Voice.dat/.idx, and launch the game.

doesnt work, still has response when i give thme orders but no when i click on them

Did you extract the audio packs before deleting all your .idx and .dat files? To add new selection voices, you must at least extract the Voice pack using Vercingetorix' IDX Extractor. This guide explains how to use it. You may as well extract all three for future use. Only once you have Voice, SFX, and/or Music folders in your sounds folder will the game rebuilt the .idx/.dat.