Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portrait Enhancement Project

Default Re: Portrait Enhancement Project

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Thanks Roma_Vitrix!

I will also add the last Dacian portraits to the submod.

I do have good news for this submod, because I kept working on it. Currenty I'm playing a long Carthage campaign to test my civil war script but I keep adding or replacing portraits. I also have the experience of playing with the portraits and I must say that I do not miss the old portraits. You will still see a lot of the old ones because there are many factions who still have it, and the Romans have at least still half of the old ones, but the celts, Greeks and Carthaginians had a full replacement with awesome portraits, the Iberians and Numidians had most of the portraits replaced, and it looks great.

By the way, one of the artists of which work I will use (and he gave me permission to do that) is JFoliveras. He is really good, check his page on DeviantArt, his last portrait of a Carthaginian will be in the game as Hasdrubal Barca https://www.deviantart.com/jfoliveras
    Hey Lusitanio, great work so far! I was wondering if you had a link to your current most version of the submod? I believe the links in the first post point to the original version.

Thanks in advance!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Sorry mate, you will have to wait until the next version of EBII is released. That's when I will release the submod. Meanwhile I will keep adding some more portraits when I have the time for it. But it will be worth the time, especially if you play with western factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Sorry mate, you will have to wait until the next version of EBII is released. That's when I will release the submod. Meanwhile I will keep adding some more portraits when I have the time for it. But it will be worth the time, especially if you play with western factions.
    So a couple years from now? No worries keep up the good work!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar4 View Post
    So a couple years from now?
    Hopefully not

But today I had an unexpected day off from work and managed to replace most of the eastern greek portraits with new ones, so the project keeps improving!

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Ive reworked my own portraits , i think my new Greek portraits are the best. Now 98% of the generals are wearing period accurate Hellenistic helmets, almost no Corinthian helmets.

Link to new Greek portraits

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4519

Enjoy !

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I also changed some of the portraits in the old folders, greying their hair to make them look more senile (;

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    I also changed some of the portraits in the old folders, greying their hair to make them look more senile (;
    Damn it Thg170, now I will have to take a look again at all those portraits x)
    Good work!

After months working on this, I decided to release the submod before the next EBII patch is released. This is just because I honestly don't think I will add any more portraits to the project since I don't find any more sources or artists. Eventually artists like JFOliveras will draw more portraits which I will use, but until then we have a project that is pretty much finished with new portraits for Carthage, Rome, the Greek factions and the Sucessors, the Iberian and Gaulish factions and the Numidians. Enjoy and if you can, please post here some pics of your favourite portraits!
    This version will be fully compatible with the next EBII version and my other submod.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4529

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Fantastic!
    Might i edit some of your portraits for my own submod?

Fantastic!
    Might i edit some of your portraits for my own submod?
    Of course! You did a great job with yours!
    If you can, make a record of the portrait number or what were the portraits so that I can later find them on your submod and see how they look so that if they look better (which I think they will) I will adopt them x)

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Only thing that is missing right now is some more good portraits for the Eastern factions, the Parthians and Armenians etc.
    Would be cooler to have more Parthian period portraits instead of Babylonian, Assyrian and Achaemenid style portraits
    Last edited by Thg170; April 13, 2020 at 04:17 PM.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I will only edit the backgrounds of the portraits, adding landscape backgrounds that are fitting for every culture, Greek landscape for Greeks, North African desert for Punics, Northern European landscape for Celts, Germanics etc.

Only thing that is missing right now is some more good portraits for the Eastern factions, the Parthians and Armenians etc.
    Would be cooler to have more Parthian period portraits instead of Babylonian, Assyrian and Achaemenid style portraits
    Indeed. I don't much about those cultures, that's why I didn't made portraits for them.

I will only edit the backgrounds of the portraits, adding landscape backgrounds that are fitting for every culture, Greek landscape for Greeks, North African desert for Punics, Northern European landscape for Celts, Germanics etc.
    Okay, seems good then!

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I have good nomadic portraits and i found some decent eastern ones on my computer as well which i might upload when i have the time !

Just released the final version for the Portrait Enhancement Project. This one brings some more portraits for all factions, especially for agents and also some unique portraits which will be needed when I release the Barcid submod for the next patch. Some portraits have also been replaced. Have fun guys!

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Here are some of Lusitanios Greek portraits

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits1.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	361989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits2.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	361990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits3.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	361991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits4.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	361992

Here are some of Lusitanios Greek portraits

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits1.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	361989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits2.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	361990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits3.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	361991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lusitaniogreekportraits4.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	361992
    Thanks Th170. I would really appreciate if you could also do one for the Carthaginians, Romans and Celts. +1 rep from me

What an incredible addition to a great mod. Just downloaded it the portraits look awesome!

I extracted the two submods into the data folder in the data folder of the EB2 mod folder on steam. I didn't see anything appear when I restarted Carthage. Was that the right place?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast