Thread: Portrait Enhancement Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon11 Portrait Enhancement Project

EBII has one of the best trait system, however, I never liked the EBII portraits that much. Therefore, this submod changes and/or adds new portraits for Carthage (complete replacement), Rome (replaced a lot of them and added new ones), Western Greeks (added new ones) and the Iberian factions (added new ones).

+250 New Portraits for Carthage (counting young and old portraits)
    +200 New Portraits for Rome (counting young and old portraits)
    +400 New Portraits for Hellenic factions (counting young and old portraits)
    +300 New Portraits for the Iberian and Barbarian factions (counting young and old portraits)

I didn't count the exact number of new portraits, therefore this is just as approximation of the number which is probably bigger.

This changes the General portraits. Most of the portraits, around 80%, come from the When Worlds Collide submod by Leoni for Roma Surrectum III, I also did some portraits based on images found online from reenactments and historical drawings plus 3 images from antiochos_hierax. Thanks also to Gioal Canestrelli for letting me use some photos taken of him and his friends.

Of course, to assemble all this together, it required a huge amount of hours to check all the portraits, one by one, from Leoni (a lot of them didn't fit the period or the faction), then for Rome, for example, I checked the existing portraits and replaced the "uglier" ones until I run out of new Roman portraits. I also had to convert the images found online, rename them, etc. You get the picture. This means that you may find some errors or photos that are not suppose to be there, if you do, please tell me.

Have fun trying and I challenge you to post your new favorite portrait pics

Make a backup file of your user interface files (in data) and extract the file to EBII data. Click yes to replace the existing file and go start a new campaign with one of those factions. You will see the changes. Carthage has had a full change, for the other factions it is a mix between older images and new.

Updated New Version with two parts to download:

Thanks to all who contributed to this submod, especially JFOliveras, Dresden who gave permission to use some of DEI images for portraits, Alejandro Magno, huge thanks to Thg170, Leoni, Mike Golf and all the other artists.
    Last edited by Lusitanio; April 15, 2021 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Updated content