Thread: Darren's Review about Three Kingdoms

Default Darren's Review about Three Kingdoms

A great review as usual, by Darren. I liked his comments about the recruiment system and I wholeheartedly agree that the streamlined provincial administration is the biggest fault in an otherwise rather satisfying game. The only issue, in my opinion, which he did not mention was the immersion-breaking feeling that the "levelling" trait/retinue system gives. For me, RPG-ing has absolutely no place in strategy games.

Default Re: Darren's Review about Three Kingdoms

Found the part where he talked abt the commandery naming to be a bit nitpicky.
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Quote Originally Posted by Eien View Post
    Found the part where he talked abt the commandery naming to be a bit nitpicky.
    Same, that left a bad taste. I usually enjoy his reviews. Disagreed with quite a few of his points but at the end of the day it's all personal opinion.

The game looks great, until the very moment units touches one another, in which case *stabs* >dramatically flys backward into the air, it reeks of warhammers except the animation is even worse.

The comment section though, I have no interest in this period bla bla bla, waiting for next totla war -.-

Funny I love some RPG in my strategy games, makes the immersion and rp so much more fun. As well I feel much more connected to my characters, the closer I get to a Paradox / CA mash up the happier I am with the game.
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/