Thread: Havies Better Assignments

Default Havies Better Assignments

I found some of the military assignments could use some improvements.

Conscription:
    added a population cost to affect the replenishment rate

Oversee Mustering:
    added a small unit skill EXP while the troops muster, at the cost of population and peasantry income to assimilate the idea of taking from your populace.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bandit patrols:
    Turned this more into hit and run type hybrid, basically added in the effects of the previous guerrilas to make it a much better assignment. Both were lacking pretty hard in functionality. The attrition would only apply if the enemy was out of supplies.. and the enemy was never out of supplies for me.

Organize Guerrillas:
    I turned this into "Training drills for the troops". Adding unit EXP per season, but at a cost of retinue upkeep (paying for training) , food (feed them) and kept but lowered the modifer of attrition to enemy troops here just because it was easier to leave it than get rid of it modding wise.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Still no luck making a Line of sight assignment, it simply doesnt seem to work.
    Post suggestions for other assignments/feedback below

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://mega.nz/#!0PwliCIb!xGiQWN-cO...M_kWCcYSB0n1L8

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Default Re: Havies Better Assignments

Another great mod! Population cost to recruiting should have being in the game from the beggining. Any idea to make military supply more punishing, perhaps make difficult terrains, winters more draining.
    Is it possible to make it so that when there is >1 armies standing inside a subregion the armies would suffer a supply penalty? It simulates the fact that armies often have to march divided to better live off the land. It also incentives making a alternate choice over doomstacking which has few downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadBuax View Post
    Another great mod! Population cost to recruiting should have being in the game from the beggining. Any idea to make military supply more punishing, perhaps make difficult terrains, winters more draining.
    Is it possible to make it so that when there is >1 armies standing inside a subregion the armies would suffer a supply penalty? It simulates the fact that armies often have to march divided to better live off the land. It also incentives making a alternate choice over doomstacking which has few downsides.

I have the same issue with military supplies- they are too easy and dont matter,
    this mod
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...butes-(WuXing)

and this mod
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4436

help with that alot, give it a try

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Achilles (2018) mod

I always say perks without drawbacks are just lazy perks. Thank you for this, looking forward more of it!
    p.s. if you are looking for suggestion, may I suggest adding campaign movement penalties when in enemy territory and movement bonuses when in friendly territory.
    My apologies in advance if you dont take requests.
    Best.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

thats already made:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4451

Minus the movement reduction in enemy.
    Really only need one or the other, doesnt make sense to add both.

HOWEVER i was thinking of making the guerrila garrison building chain add slower movement to enemy armies in local province

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod