Thread: Button to upgrade settlements have shown up for everyone! It used to be disabled, and i haven't tried changing that - anyone knows how to disable them? I don't want them to upgrade!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Button to upgrade settlements have shown up for everyone! It used to be disabled, and i haven't tried changing that - anyone knows how to disable them? I don't want them to upgrade!

Hello, Undying Nephalim made all the settlements of Hyrule Total War stay as they start through the entirety of the game. He disabled settlement upgrades, and as such the strat-models and battle-map models will never change during the gameplay - instead he used custom buildings as "village", "town" etc so in essence you get to upgrade cities through buildings but the settlements aren't upgrading as in changing models.

- This works perfectly for the custom strat-map models and the custom settlements - as they will never change into vanilla settlements.

Neph originally planed unique custom settlements everywhere and as such this were necessary.

- For some reason the "Saxons/Wild Life" is able to convert it's settlements on the strat-map unlike every other faction. I tried de-activating this in the EDB by removing the line "saxons" from the {} resulting in that look.

However, they are still able to upgrade their cities - causing trouble because the settlements they hold will change model from the custom models to vanilla after they upgrade their settlements.

I am not sure where to fix this?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 08, 2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: All the factions have settlement upgrades disabled but one - how do i disable it for the final faction?

Removing the faction isn't enough, what does the line of code in the EDB look like?

Another way to stop it is to put a non-existent event_counter on the line, eg and event_counter does_not_exist 1.

Default Re: All the factions have settlement upgrades disabled but one - how do i disable it for the final faction?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Removing the faction isn't enough, what does the line of code in the EDB look like?

Another way to stop it is to put a non-existent event_counter on the line, eg and event_counter does_not_exist 1.
    The EDB is like this (not sure what lines affect that for the other factions or if it's done through the campaign_scripts):
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

This has become a serious issue for me now..!!

All the factions can convert their cities! This will detsroy the custom settlement system. The issue is that the button to "convert city to castle" and vice versa has shown up from nowhere.

This button used to be "disabled" - it didn't exist! I don't know what i've done to manage this button to show up. I haven't actually touched anything regarding "converting cities" on purpose. The button just showed up from nowhere.

It will kinda destroy everything if custom models start converting to vanilla settlements. Replacing all the upgrades will reach the limit on the strat-map which will result in CTD constantly.

The feature of not being able to upgrade cities is absolutely necessary. I have no clue why this feature has shown up? Anyone knows how to de-activate the upgrades? I don't want settlements to upgrade at all.

Edit: It was the removal of "Saxons" in the "convert city"-lines that caused the convert-option to be restored for every faction in the mod. By re-adding that line i once again managed to remove the option from all but the Saxons/Wild Life - so i kind of did the opposite of what i intended to do when i removed that line.

The Wild Life won't be playable and i will not give them recruitment - they will be removed from the selection screen. They never expand so there is no risk of them taking over other areas and converting those. If i hand them recruitment that would probably change. - There is a risk that they will convert Dodongo's Cavern into a vanilla settlement but that won't happen if they are conquered fast. I will weaken their army to make that less likely to happen. Would suck if the custom settlements on both the map and in battle were to be converted into vanilla Med2 settlements.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 10, 2019 at 04:43 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Button to upgrade settlements have shown up for everyone! It used to be disabled, and i haven't tried changing that - anyone knows how to disable them? I don't want them to upgrade!

Just so I have it clear, no one should be able to convert settlements in this mod? Can't you just put a non-existent event_counter on the upgrade line for the converting building?

Default Re: Button to upgrade settlements have shown up for everyone! It used to be disabled, and i haven't tried changing that - anyone knows how to disable them? I don't want them to upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Just so I have it clear, no one should be able to convert settlements in this mod? Can't you just put a non-existent event_counter on the upgrade line for the converting building?
    Exactly, because in this mod all the settlements are using custom settlements on both the strat-map and in battle - and if converted they would turn into vanilla cities.

Undying Nephalim instead made settlement upgrades a "building"-feature. So you can upgrade them without the settlements changing models.

But for some reason the "Saxons" has that ability, and when removing their name i returned the feature for all the others. So it's scripted somehow to remove the function for everyone else. I can't therefore remove it for them and as such cannot make them playable.

- If they started to conquer areas they would convert settlements and all the work i did to get custom models everywhere would have been for nothing, with vanilla stuff popping up.

- The Havamal

OK, so as I said, on each upgrade line for the converting building, add and event_counter does_not_exist 1. That should knock them out for all factions, including the one that isn't working.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

by removing the line "saxons" from the {} resulting in that look
    Try a space in those brackets.

requires factions { }

...not...

requires factions {}

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think the easiest way to disable upgrades for all factions is to simply use the event counter method in conjunction with 'all':
    On top of that all the convert_to lines will need to be disabled as well, as that will still be possible even then unless that is intended:
    Code:
    building core_building
    {
        convert_to core_castle_building
        levels wooden_pallisade wooden_wall stone_wall large_stone_wall huge_stone_wall 
        {
             wooden_pallisade city requires factions { all, } and event_counter does_not_exist 1
            {
                convert_to 1
                capability
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 13, 2019 at 09:34 AM.