Thread: Help changing recruitment aspects of the script for personal use

Default Help changing recruitment aspects of the script for personal use

So after playing 1.6 in a while I started disliking the script that doesn't let me recruit in provinces that belong to another Empire faction.

My problem is that the AI is your standard Medieval II AI and always loses those provinces or just loses when besieging said province time after time which puts a lot of unnecessary burden on my adjacent provinces.

I was playing an Averland campaign and conquered a bunch of regions such as Wolfsbach (beastmen temple north of averland). The beastmen kept attacking from there so I had no other choice but to conquer it.
    This province as well others are practically useless to me since I can't recruit and the AI just doesn't make good use of them.

Another example is Empire factions cant defend their provinces that well and having the money along with the option to recruit units would be put to much better use for all the scripted chaos invasions that would come rather than a spearmen swordsmen handgunners stack the AI usually builds.

I quit about 80 turns in having conquered a lot of stuff.

So to the point, what features from the script do I have to remove in order to not have this problem. I did a bit of editing but in the end it wasn't successful

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;Contents
    ;Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI
    ;Historical Background
    ;Faction AI Script
    ;Help to AI factions
    ;Reinforcements for AI factions
    ;Help AI for 1 turn
    ;Chaos script (union and immortal chaos)
    ;Surtha Lenk
    ;Archaon
    ;Nors invazion
    ;Chaos invazion
    ;Khazrak the One-Eye
    ;Vardek Krom
    ;Chaos Union player
    ;Reward after the battle
    ;Script battle
    ;Pohod reiklanda
    ;Skaven attack
    ;Skaven attack for player
    ;Attack before the storm
    ;Garrison script
    ;Orc script (waagh)
    ;Orc reinforcements
    ;Hunting, fishing, harvest
    ;Merc Heroes
    ;Seasons
    ;Battle models
    ;Money script
    ;INTRODUCTION
    ;Empire Heresy Script
    ;Return buttons
    ;Random merc in merc camp
    ;Beastmans
    ;Diplomats
    ;Revival Sylvania
    ;Bretonian help
    ;Darkelfs
    ;Unique units
    ;Unique castles bonuses
    ;Greenskinzzz union
    ;Border Princes union
    ;Norska union
    ;Empire provinces resurrection
    ;Chaos Dwarfs union
    ;Union of light
    ;Reward for settlement
    ;Revolt in settlements
    ;Reconstruction of dwarfs castles

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by marinosmedieval; June 08, 2019 at 07:31 AM.

Default Re: Help changing recruitment aspects of the script for personal use

Check the export_descr_buildings file. The recruitment restrictions is probably restricted to your government buildings or something and if you add some of the units you want to recruit to the right government lines you may be able to get what you want.

There are probably hidden_resources in certain regions.

You cannot recruit units in provinces that belong to another factions, besides mercs.
    There are no script for that, there aren't areas of recruitment, neither other restritions; you conquer a province, build the right building and then you can recruit or retrain the units that belong to the faction roster.
    There are some special units that you receive via script, that you just can retrain, Steam Tank, Bright Wizards, etc. Also some hidden_resources for a few high tier units, Greatbeards and Elders for the Dwarves, as an example.
    Unless I'm not understanding your question, my bad
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Thanks for all the replies. My problem was that I couldn't recruit even the mercenaries or free company in these cities outside my electorate. For example Nuln got conquered by Orcs, I reclaimed it and then I could recruit for 1 turn and the all units dissapeared, correct buildings built and all. I don't think my problem was a feature, maybe it's a bug? Not so sure. If someone can confirm something similar I might make a very detailed thread on bug report.

I deleted the scripts for ;Reward for settlement and ;Revolt in settlements and it seems that I have solved my problem without touching any other file. Now if I claim a sacked Empire city from another electorate I can recruit all of the Empire units, which I couldn't before.