Thread: Medival total war 2 surpize

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Medival total war 2 surpize

WHAT THE ? THERE'S A MERICAS MAP IN TW M2: VINNILLA?WHAT?

My reaction to this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VhhSMFHMZ0

I've never played to turn 200, ever, I've never had to, I normally own the map by turn 180. O.o
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medival total war 2 surpize

Bit of a tight fit: the 'world is round' event only fires between rounds 160 to 176 - before that you won't be able to get to the americas, which takes approximately 10-12 turns between recruiting a holk and sailing there. Unless you want to add the caveat 'except the americas' to your statement?

Code:
    ; ------------ CORE GAME EVENT --------------
    event    historic     world_is_round
    date    320 328
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 09, 2019 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Bit of a tight fit: the 'world is round' event only fires between rounds 160 to 176 - before that you won't be able to get to the americas, which takes approximately 10-12 turns between recruiting a holk and sailing there. Unless you want to add the caveat 'except the americas' to your statement?

Code:
    ; ------------ CORE GAME EVENT --------------
    event    historic     world_is_round
    date    320 328

Okay, more, I own all of the the map i knew existed. XD I had no idea the americas were in vanilla MTW2 never occurred to me to go looking for them.

There are a bunch of event markers that don't mean anything like the "time egg~" and "time for all"
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I am not sure what event markers you are referring to, could you be a bit more specific, eg where you saw them? There's nothing like that in descr_events or the campaign_script file. Unless you refer to wording in the 'first oil paint' and 'first clock events' - which are simply informative events as indicated by the 'first' prefix: more then half the events are like that.

The events with game influence (18 of 42 in total) are the timurid\mongol invasions (which you might have never encountered, given it's late appearance), the gun powder discovery (late, too), multiple plague events as well as volcano and earth quake disasters (regional casualty effect only) as well as the world is round event. None of which (except the disasters) occur before turn 160.

In other words - you rushed yourself out of challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am not sure what event markers you are referring to, could you be a bit more specific, eg where you saw them? There's nothing like that in descr_events or the campaign_script file. Unless you refer to wording in the 'first oil paint' and 'first clock events' - which are simply informative events as indicated by the 'first' prefix: more then half the events are like that.

The events with game influence (18 of 42 in total) are the timurid\mongol invasions (which you might have never encountered, given it's late appearance), the gun powder discovery (late, too), multiple plague events as well as volcano and earth quake disasters (regional casualty effect only) as well as the world is round event. None of which (except the disasters) occur before turn 160.

In other words - you rushed yourself out of challenges.
    Pretty much yes.