Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    alright,
    I tweaked the ammo when commanding for cunning, reserves on low resolve, the build times for expertise, and up'd the reinforcement range bonus from commander,
    Thats a no can do on reach- its currently bugged, you cant seem to add movement range to anyone, nor do the changes appear to work in game,
    take a char who just levled up and can access the reach node,
    screenshot the before and after, it doesnt do anything.
    However, as the game develops, there is a passive hidden bonus to roads, so thats why u probably think ur going farther.

Link updated above
    Download link is dead. Might I suggest you use a different upload service.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Download link is dead. Might I suggest you use a different upload service.

UGHHH
    i dont think its mega.nz its something w this slow ass forum and not updating when I edit the link
    https://mega.nz/#!gHAi0IrD!bi1P0TcB_...N1yk9rK41NSRV0

try this

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

After going over some of the potential issues this mod inadvertly caused, i have boosted some stats of generals based on their skill nodes (because we cant mod their custom titles till assembly it out)
    this goes for chars like Zhou Yu and Guan Yu having unreasonably low authority, things of this nature, and a few other tucked in, LuBus splash dmg skill doing the least dmg of all AoE skills, lowered his cunning, Xiahou Yuan blazing saddles fix (doesnt affect troops in vanilla, range was set to 0) yada yada

recommend u use the following mods in conjunction:
    ZhouYu Fix:
    https://mega.nz/#!hTZ1WaSJ!ZsQn4d5fW...cMwA28qUxi16LE
    MultiFix:
    https://mega.nz/#!hKB1AYLD!F_0DHMgtn...yAmLbEQ2rXaF8k
    LuBu Fix:
    https://mega.nz/#!oDAXmC7K!K_xBxsLUm...F-TRPlMV6Lv6Fw
    Last edited by Havie; June 11, 2019 at 02:21 PM.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Achilles (2018) mod

Foederatus

Hi Havie and All

Do you know the table for characters traits? e.g Cao Cao has suspicious.

I want to tweak some of the character traits. For instance Cao Cao was a poet and scholar and Lady Bian has the scholary trait.

There is also disharmony between Zhang Liao and Cao Cao, which I think is a mistake, as he was one of his 5 elite generals.

I would like to edit what characters have what traits but cant find the table.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GPM26 View Post
    Hi Havie and All

Do you know the table for characters traits? e.g Cao Cao has suspicious.

I want to tweak some of the character traits. For instance Cao Cao was a poet and scholar and Lady Bian has the scholary trait.

There is also disharmony between Zhang Liao and Cao Cao, which I think is a mistake, as he was one of his 5 elite generals.

I would like to edit what characters have what traits but cant find the table.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Greg
    you cant edit them till we get assembly kit, along with a few other things. They need processing.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Link updated
    https://mega.nz/#!EPgj1Kia!ylh5jkIFv...iG2Go9o4GJxbUY

realized I fckd it up for records mode so thats fixed

Made some changes
    https://mega.nz/#!QLZGTCyZ!fIjztdXA0...Nr9N3fgbEnttU8

added some new effects to all 5 when commanding stats,
    had a hard time with the Resolve one because you can't add charge resistance which wud have been clutch,
    thinking of adding a huge boost to when defending morale for resolve, but then im worried of the conflict with the newly added Authority morale when commanding, so ima think on it.

Also the campaign movement range is working- Apparently I just needed to end turn and it wud show.
    Switched some things up w vanguard as well.

Tweaked some stats in the 30-50 range
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 18, 2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Thinking about this :
    Instinct level : % chance to avoid an ambush
    Cunning level: % chance to ambush

do you think this makes sense or should shud it only be tied into cunning. Vanguards are the ones that rush in etc etc, and i think its applicable, however they are also the lowest in cunning score so its almost like they shud be getting ambushed more? tough call
    Last edited by Havie; June 22, 2019 at 07:52 PM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Just discovered your work, great stuff man!! May I suggest evening out the number of pros and cons of character attributes for every role? In a way that every attribute provides the same numbers of pros and cons for roles such as faction heads, heir, prime minister (counted as role 1); generals as role 2; administrators as role 3 and so fourth. The idea is avoid monolithic appointments of a certain class (e.g commanders) to a certain role (this is case faction heads/heir/PM) all the times. For instance, if a player wants to play aggressive, they might want to appointment a fire attributed PM or Heir to increase troop production while at peace time a player would want an attribute that is best for economic gains. Commanders for the time of unrest and uncertainty etc etc...
    Best.
    Last edited by youngfool; June 24, 2019 at 08:12 AM.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Quote Originally Posted by youngfool View Post
    Just discovered your work, great stuff man!! May I suggest evening out the number of pros and cons of character attributes for every role? In a way that every attribute provides the same numbers of pros and cons for roles such as faction heads, heir, prime minister (counted as role 1); generals as role 2; administrators as role 3 and so fourth. The idea is avoid monolithic appointments of a certain class (e.g commanders) to a certain role (this is case faction heads/heir/PM) all the times. For instance, if a player wants to play aggressive, they might want to appointment a fire attributed PM or Heir to increase troop production while at peace time a player would want an attribute that is best for economic gains. Commanders for the time of unrest and uncertainty etc etc...
    Best.
    Well,
    for the most part the idea of balancing the #s across the 5 types has been considered.

The simple issue is that some classes would excel at other roles,
    for example high authority will just naturally be a better choice for Faction leader roles.

I guess I'd need some specific feedback in what areas you are seeing this isnt possible with? or what is lacking for you.
    I dont see it.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

I agree with 'some classes would excel at other roles', but i think those excel should be more dynamic and situational. It is pretty monolithic atm. The current set up makes authority the ideal candidate for faction leadership in any given situation. And once appointed, say Prime Minster (PM) he/she is guaranteed to stay there for life.
    I want this to be more variant! Just as Churchill was a superb war time PM, the appointments of PM in 3k should also be situational, well at least ideally. This can happen when different character attributes provides different perks and cons. So the most obvious example is with the red/instinct attribute. Appointing an instinct PM should provide faction wide bonus to army related perks, such as faster mustering time, moral bonus, troop exp, etc. While PMs with low red skills therefore should penalize the faction with negative army related traits, because in reality, the civil faction of any nation is often at odds with its military. This then creates a situation where the player would need to rotate their PM or even heirs, depending on its current need. A time of war would call for instinct leadership while a time of peace would be more economic driven.
    Following this thread, I have some loose pros and cons for each attribute designated for a specific situation. Red/instinct having been said is military relation. Water/cunning - diplomacy and spy. Ground/authority - satisfaction/public order.
    Purple/expertise - population grow. Just a quick note here, I think the population system needs a major reform in a way that it affects army recruitment, food production and agricultural income and so forth.
    I dont have any concrete thoughts for the our least favourite child - green/resolve, but there are many faction wide effects waiting to be explored. Such as: +/- corruption, +/- construction time, +/- income, and so forth.
    Anyhow, those are some fanciful thinking, I hope some ideas can be derived out of this.
    Best.
    Last edited by youngfool; June 25, 2019 at 07:10 AM.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Thanks for the reply,

1) These bonuses should already be apparent. Having a faction leader with high instinct already provides militaristic bonuses faction wide, perhaps you feel the #s dont scale harder enough past 100?
    2) like you said, a faction leader or PM with high authority is the ideal role, however- once your established such as faction rank duke- you probably have enough satisifaction faction wide to swap others into the role-allowing you to do exactly what you are describing.

Examples :
    Cunning between 105 and 150 gives 8-15% increase to commerce faction wide
    Cunning between 112 and 150 gives 5-8% trade influence faction wide

Expertise between 87-195 gives 1-3 turn construction times reduction

Instinct between 100-200 gives 4-8% replenishment faction wide
    Instinct over 108 gives -5% redeployment costs

So im not seeing how this doesnt fit into exactly what you are saying?

3) Expertise would not mod pop growth, it wud be resolve as green represents peasantry, which represents pop growth. Although there is one metal building that boosts pop growth so this is confusing. Industry chops wood so im not sure how it would help pop growth, although i guess in the real world more industry leads to growth. perhaps the system is a bit flawed.
    Expertise boosts troop exp per season when governor. Perhaps I could change this to be faction wide.

4) you do know the base mechanics of the game do not encourage you swapping people in and out of roles right? you would have to mod the satisfaction decrease from this to make it sustainable.

5) lastly this is all meant to syngergize with my new skill node rework mod, it will be released soon. Alot of these things you desribe further come from custom skill trees.
    You can find more info here https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...kill_node_mod/
    Last edited by Havie; June 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12