Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

  1. #1

    Default Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Hey guys,
    Im really excited to bring this mod to you- and so early at that.
    The 5 WuXing bonuses seemed so dry and similar to me, it wasnt adding enough diversity to the game.
    Plus whenever I was picking administers they almost always had the exact same effects, MAYBE one would a unique effect such as +40% income from commerce silk and spice.. but that was about it.

    This mod aims to add more color and flavor to you empire building. Who you appoint to certain positions will now matter more than ever.

    Admins:
    You might find yourself with an administrator who can really increase income in your region, however he wont be good at defending it, and possibly have public order issues,
    on the other hand you could assign an admin who is really good at keeping your reserves full and military supplies up, but the construction costs will go up in this region.

    Armies:
    I was really disappointing with how mid to late game- supplies just don't seem to matter what so ever. The bonus from the cunning stat, reforms, char traits, people in power etc, would always have the maxed, even in hostile territories. The main inspiration here was to make it so that lower cunning characters will actually worsen your military supplies, and will need to be countered by bringing one with high cunning. This goes for just about everything else as well. If a character is really low in something, you might want to bring another to make up for that. I added 1-2 effects that effect retinues, and whole armies for each type. For example high instinct now gives charge bonus to retinue, but low instinct makes it worse. Likewise, high authority can reduce the upkeep for the whole army! But if you have no generals with decent authority, the upkeep will rise.


    Faction leaders, heirs and Prime Ministers:
    Alot of effects added here as well, might not want to appoint someone with low resolve because your factions food output will suffer, however appointing someone with high cunning will really max out your income via trade influence and commerce bonuses.

    Other minister posts:
    Unchanged for now



    Screens:

    High level examples

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 






















    Low level examples

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 




















    New dynamic administer positions examples

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 




















    Download Link:

    https://mega.nz/#!QLZGTCyZ!fIjztdXA0nMjDSN14NEWeCbPi6_pWNr9N3fgbEnttU8
    (anyone is welcome to use/edit as long as credit is given if re-released)

    recommended other various changes that go well:
    recommend u use the following mods in conjunction:
    Havie Custom Commanding skills:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post15800862
    Havie Better Buildings:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tter-Buildings
    Havie Better Assignments:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...er-Assignments
    ZhouYu Fix:
    https://mega.nz/#!hTZ1WaSJ!ZsQn4d5fW...cMwA28qUxi16LE
    MultiFix:
    https://mega.nz/#!hKB1AYLD!F_0DHMgtn...yAmLbEQ2rXaF8k
    LuBu Fix:
    https://mega.nz/#!oDAXmC7K!K_xBxsLUm...F-TRPlMV6Lv6Fw
    Force March (cost supplies):
    https://mega.nz/#!JbhGAS6T!P_b5WJgJL...YxMIskZZozPAMY
    Population minor affect on other incomes:
    https://mega.nz/#!QPh3QAIb!hJW3opgf9...8o5F2nmt9T4qUQ

    Last edited by Havie; June 16, 2019 at 03:49 PM.

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  2. #2

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Amazing work!! Really looking forwards to playing this and seeing how you managed it.

  3. #3
    Civis
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    great job! cant wait to give it a try!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Snuck some changes in and got the DL link posted.

    Looking for any feed back as im still reconsidering some changes.

    NOTE: movementspeed modifers to campaign range can not seem to be added for some reason, ive done them, but they are the only ones that dont seem to take effect.

    Also debating adding the % char exp (local) to sentinel, maybe removing it from strategist.
    Thinking about adding a few more "when commanding" effects, but I think its getting overkill at this point.
    Need to start a new campaign and see how this plays out

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  5. #5

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    You should consider having the upkeep buffs go the other way.

    low skills = lower upkeep, high skills = valuable and thus expensive ^^
    I made the same thing but just for combat effects, but I really do like the idea of having it also make administrators more important.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Did a few minor updates/tweaks, - changed the DL link if u wana update , re grab it.


    Quote Originally Posted by ABullishBear View Post
    You should consider having the upkeep buffs go the other way.

    low skills = lower upkeep, high skills = valuable and thus expensive ^^
    I made the same thing but just for combat effects, but I really do like the idea of having it also make administrators more important.
    Yeah, the way I see it is :
    General has so much Authority that he can keep the men in line and satisfied with a lesser salary, as opposed to someone who has little leaderships and to keep the men pleased he must pay them more. Appreciate the idea though

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  7. #7

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Download link is dead


  8. #8

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    Download link is dead
    shud be fixed sry

    dont think this forum is saving my edits?
    https://mega.nz/#!IGJARKZa!PpVivWFXv...RBgUY1U1yYEIN0

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  9. #9

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    NOTE:

    There is something odd going on with an administer whos resolve is less than 35.
    It should give -7 reserves (and +5 from post) for a total of -2, however it is reading -28 reserves "assignments"

    I fixed this, to properly read "from characters" , will upload later w future updates
    however the #s are not adding up.

    upon given an ancilarry that gets the char to 35 resolve, it now reads -5 reserves on WuXing description, however the town is being depleted by 15. I think the absolute value MIGHT be related to per year or something? maybe it must calculate this via # times 4 ( why not 5? maybe because of 1 season being harvest season?)

    So I will continue to investigate,but be-aware of this
    Last edited by Havie; June 08, 2019 at 08:48 PM.

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  10. #10

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Nice one, I'll be testing. Well done for teasing out all the attribute strings so soon.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Interesting. I did not like those default ones either

  12. #12

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    This is a really cool idea! Played with it for a bit and mostly enjoyed it. I found the +construction time on low Expertise really annoying having to fiddle around with and the -%ammo to own army on low cunning basically meant that I put a strategist in command of all my armies which is a bit boring. Think it needs some tweak (at least for my personal taste!) but really good job on getting this out so soon!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Really great idea!!I’m tired of developers putting restraining mechanics but is too afraid to make it affect anything whatsoever.

    However, Yuanshao doesn’t have to use generals, infact he is almost encouraged to do so through lower upkeep so he practically never have to appoint bad generals(being able to bypass the entire selling point of the game is not a unique feature CA). Any idea to tweak him so that he is included as well?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Quote Originally Posted by BreadBuax View Post
    Really great idea!!I’m tired of developers putting restraining mechanics but is too afraid to make it affect anything whatsoever.

    However, Yuanshao doesn’t have to use generals, infact he is almost encouraged to do so through lower upkeep so he practically never have to appoint bad generals(being able to bypass the entire selling point of the game is not a unique feature CA). Any idea to tweak him so that he is included as well?

    Yuan Shao is encouraged to do this because he was known for not having talent generals. So he employs captains. Its a good mechanic by CA. If you think this somehow makes him strong.. you are wrong, sure he can field cheaper armies, but good generals can decimate them! (at least in romance, idk ab records)
    You come at me with a captain army and you are getting wrecked. Its a severe disadvantage.

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  15. #15

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Quote Originally Posted by iNemeq View Post
    This is a really cool idea! Played with it for a bit and mostly enjoyed it. I found the +construction time on low Expertise really annoying having to fiddle around with and the -%ammo to own army on low cunning basically meant that I put a strategist in command of all my armies which is a bit boring. Think it needs some tweak (at least for my personal taste!) but really good job on getting this out so soon!

    Thinking about reducing the penalty low cunning has on whole army upkeep,
    I felt the same- I was finding strategist as the abs best commander for this reason,
    however- what if you take a non archer army? then this wouldnt matter right?
    I still have to play around w this a bit more, its def noted.
    Appreciate your feedback

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  16. #16

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    Thinking about reducing the penalty low cunning has on whole army upkeep,
    I felt the same- I was finding strategist as the abs best commander for this reason,
    however- what if you take a non archer army? then this wouldnt matter right?
    I still have to play around w this a bit more, its def noted.
    Appreciate your feedback
    I'd also suggest not having a higher construction time penalty than +1 turn also, a lot of otherwise really cool characters are severely limited as faction leaders, prime ministers and heirs because of their inherent low expertise (and penalties from armors and weapons). Sitting at like +6 or more turn construction time is really jarring, but an extra turn or two is annoying but not impossible to play around.

    I think for my personal taste I'd prefer if all the penalties stayed relatively small - big enough to be worth considering but small enough that you can play around it. If the -%ammo on army was capped at like 10-15% that would be fine for example, could still use another class as commanding general if you happen to also have a high cunning strategist to balance it out.

    Another thing that hit me while writing this - I never, ever, use Commanders or Sentinels as commanding generals because they don't get the Reach skill for 25% movement range which I find super important to catch AI armies. Would it be possible to add movement range to high authority perhaps? "So insipiring that the soldiers march on despite being tired" or something as a justification.

    Anyways, just my own thoughts - I love the idea either way! <3

  17. #17

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    i usually find these mods change the game in a way to feel like the modder saying i didnt like how this part of game works or i felt it dull so here is what i think is better but most of the time its something op and makes overall experience worse because it doesn't conform with the other parts of the game , but this time this mod is quite refreshing please keep it up , thank you.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    My point is not about balance or whether the captains are good or not, it simply meant that YuanShao is left out by the character systems half of the time, be it benefits or hinderance.

    The mechanics is rubbish regardless, they shaped the game entire around having to deal with characters, but somehow decided that it is optional for this faction to deal the entire selling point of the game.
    YuanShao has more notable characters than most of the playable factions in the game, CA simply decided not to make any of them unique. A faction having great generals is entirely tied to how the long faction survives historically anyway.
    Someday they are going to make a faction where its unique selling point is stronger autoresolve strength/s.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Quote Originally Posted by iNemeq View Post
    I'd also suggest not having a higher construction time penalty than +1 turn also, a lot of otherwise really cool characters are severely limited as faction leaders, prime ministers and heirs because of their inherent low expertise (and penalties from armors and weapons). Sitting at like +6 or more turn construction time is really jarring, but an extra turn or two is annoying but not impossible to play around.

    I think for my personal taste I'd prefer if all the penalties stayed relatively small - big enough to be worth considering but small enough that you can play around it. If the -%ammo on army was capped at like 10-15% that would be fine for example, could still use another class as commanding general if you happen to also have a high cunning strategist to balance it out.

    Another thing that hit me while writing this - I never, ever, use Commanders or Sentinels as commanding generals because they don't get the Reach skill for 25% movement range which I find super important to catch AI armies. Would it be possible to add movement range to high authority perhaps? "So insipiring that the soldiers march on despite being tired" or something as a justification.

    Anyways, just my own thoughts - I love the idea either way! <3
    alright,
    I tweaked the ammo when commanding for cunning, reserves on low resolve, the build times for expertise, and up'd the reinforcement range bonus from commander,
    Thats a no can do on reach- its currently bugged, you cant seem to add movement range to anyone, nor do the changes appear to work in game,
    take a char who just levled up and can access the reach node,
    screenshot the before and after, it doesnt do anything.
    However, as the game develops, there is a passive hidden bonus to roads, so thats why u probably think ur going farther.

    Link updated above
    Last edited by Havie; June 11, 2019 at 06:41 AM.

    My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod






  20. #20

    Default Re: Havies Dynamic Character attributes (WuXing)

    Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    Thats a no can do on reach- its currently bugged, you cant seem to add movement range to anyone, nor do the changes appear to work in game,
    take a char who just levled up and can access the reach node,
    screenshot the before and after, it doesnt do anything.
    However, as the game develops, there is a passive hidden bonus to roads, so thats why u probably think ur going farther.
    Oh that's really interesting, I have to test this a bit. I'm 100% sure that the movement range indicator changes by removing about 25% of the bar when assigning a general with the skill as commanding. I always assumed that was simply to show that the extra range is added at the start of the next turn but I guess that might just be a movement range penalty from changing commanding general. Good to know!

    Will test with your tweaks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •