Thread: Factionwide Bonuses

Icon5 Factionwide Bonuses

Anyone have an idea how you would go about setting up new effect_bundles that affect only certain factions? What I am thinking of is similar to how the various faction ranks work except that it would apply at all times and be independent of faction rank / special ability rank (i.e. trade monopoly on Kong Rong) though I still want to be able to have it be limited to a single / possible small group of factions.

If that is a no go, is there at least a way to apply effects to the player / ai factions based on difficulty similar to how the campaign_difficulty_handicaps_tables used to work (for some reason it is not recognized in this game in my attempts to use it)? I presume these settings must be somewhere but that particular table appears to be empty when I open database.pack file.

Any help in locating the right tables, values, etc. for either of the above would be helpful. Thank you!

Default Re: Factionwide Bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by EvilAsh1987 View Post
    Anyone have an idea how you would go about setting up new effect_bundles that affect only certain factions? What I am thinking of is similar to how the various faction ranks work except that it would apply at all times and be independent of faction rank / special ability rank (i.e. trade monopoly on Kong Rong) though I still want to be able to have it be limited to a single / possible small group of factions.

If that is a no go, is there at least a way to apply effects to the player / ai factions based on difficulty similar to how the campaign_difficulty_handicaps_tables used to work (for some reason it is not recognized in this game in my attempts to use it)? I presume these settings must be somewhere but that particular table appears to be empty when I open database.pack file.

Any help in locating the right tables, values, etc. for either of the above would be helpful. Thank you!
    Some factions have faction trait on effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables table, such as Cao Cao, Ma Teng, He Yi. Adding more effect to that bundle should do the trick.

For the rest, they exist in effect_bundles_tables but using the key in effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables table doesn't work.. I what's missing here is to link the effect_bundle key to the faction which currently I don't know how

Yes, in the past linking bundles like ..._cao_cao_faction_trait used to work but for some reason in this game it will not apply any effect other than was is already defined. I tried it using with some generic effects like gdp mod, movement speed, i.e. easy to see items but it just didn't work.

I what's missing here is to link the effect_bundle key to the faction which currently I don't know how
    Yep, that is what I am fishing for exactly.

I have been trying the same thing with no luck unfortunately. If anyone figures out how it is done, please let me know.