Thread: regarding terrain

Default regarding terrain

Hi! I was just brainstorming about a possible mod and I was wondering several things regarding campaign map terrain:

- Is there a way to make a terrain where somehow armies are hidden while moving through it or at least always end in ambush stance?
    - Is it possible somehow to make a terrain only accesible to certain faction, or characters with traits/ancilleries, or units (this last option like ships in water)?

Any thought is appreciated!
    FOLLOWERS OF THE WHITE HAND - Isengard Submod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: regarding terrain

Forest is automatically an ambush once a unit is stationary. You can also set a unit's attribute (descr_export_units) to be able to be hidden in grass when stationary.
    Conditional access to terrain types is not possible for land units. There are however terrain types that restrict any access. Ships can have the high sea attribute (in descr_ships) which enables them to enter 'deep water'

Thanks for the reply! will a unit atribute affect in the campaign map as well? Would it be possible then to use a sea terrain (restricts to boats only) inland with ground textures showing on the campaign map? (like a road that only ships could travel).

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Unit attributes work only on the battle map, movement restrictions on the strat map are global. The ocean going principle is restricted to ships and cannot be transferred to land use.

I am not sure if that's what you are aiming at, but a few mods have created 'navigable' rivers (narrow, long stretches of sea terrain), my 1648 mod among them.

thats interesting, thanks!