Thread: 2 Questions: Regional Resources and Agent Actions

Quasar5's Avatar Foederatus

Default 2 Questions: Regional Resources and Agent Actions

Hello

Firstly I'm trying to swap Obsidian resource in Star Tower region (High Elves, Teclis' starting region) with Gems resource from some other region. I'm using PFM 5.2.0 and I can open startpos.esf. There are some entries about resources ( campaign_startpos / compressed_data / campaign_env / campaign_model / campaign_trade_manager / resources ) but I can't see how specific resources are being assigned to specific regions.

Secondly I'd like to assign some different actions to Loremaster of Hoeth agent subtype (runesmith type). I guess in agent_actions table I can only enable some actions for agent types, but since there are mutually excluding actions already assigned for some agent types (e.g. champions have both agent_wound and agent_assassinate enabled here), I guess I need something more. I've already replaced skills corresponding to new actions but it hasn't changed the actions themselves. I don't even know if it's possible to change actions for a specific agent subtype or only for the whole agent type category (like all of the subtypes of runesmith type).

I'd appreciate any help.

Default Re: 2 Questions: Regional Resources and Agent Actions

I'm back to WHFB after the latest addon and still haven't got those two problems solved.

If anyone can help me, I'll be grateful.

Default Re: 2 Questions: Regional Resources and Agent Actions

I finally managed to assign Loremasters of Hoeth new campaign actions, so if anyone is looking for the way to do this, here is what needs to be done.

HOW TO give to an AGENT SUBTYPE different campaign ACTIONS:

1. Easy case - if another agent subtype (from another faction) uses the actions needed, then all that needs to be done is to edit 2 tables:

- character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions
    look for something like "wh2_main_skill_all_dummy_agent_actions_..." for appropriate faction and agent subtype and change effect key for the one you want

- character_skill_nodes
    change campaign skill(s) for the skill node of the proper agent subtype to match the new action(s) assigned previously (the skills that can be upgraded when the agent gains new rank)

It should work, I think, although I haven't checked this scenario, since my case was different:

2. Not so easy case - if the new action you seek is not defined for your agent subtype. In that case a few more things need to be done:

- agent_actions
    you need to define a new agent action for your agent type (e.g. "wh2_main_agent_action_runesmith_hinder_army_assault_units")

- effects
    you need to define a new effect for your agent type (e.g. "wh2_main_effect_agent_action_enable_runesmith_hinder_army_assault_units")

- newly defined items won't appear in other tables yet so you need to update your tables (for example by saving and reopening your mod)

- effect_bonus_value_agent_action_record_junctions
    you need to match the new effect with agent action records, there might be a few entries for a single action, so just use the existing ones for reference

- character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions
    now you can change action effects of your agent subtype (e.g. for "wh2_main_skill_all_dummy_agent_actions_hef_loremaster_of_hoeth")

- character_skill_nodes
    change campaign skill(s) for the skill node of the proper agent subtype to match the new action(s) assigned previously (the skills that can be upgraded when the agent gains new rank)
    (e.g. for "wh2_main_skill_node_hef_loremaster_campaign_01")

- the only thing that remains is text for the new actions, (action names and descriptions that are shown when you select your agent on campaign map - when he/she is NOT accompanying an army)
    everything you need for this step is in "agent_actions" table under "localized_action_name" and "localized_action_description" columns, so for 1 action you need 2 entries in your localized text file

And that should be all. At least this worked for me. If you see any errors, feel free to comment.