Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox News: aka the Faux News

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Fox News: aka the Faux News

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    How the hell is the bbc comparable to Fox?
    Both will jump on any piece of outrage available and religiously promote a very specific political doctrine to the point of altering reality to push their agenda. The difference lies merely in the type of doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey McKnightey View Post
    I understand a significant proportion of CNN and MSNBC viewership believe that a man who rules a country with an economy that's weaker than Canada, and who can't even keep his own security services and oligarchs in line is also a Bond villain who has been able to subvert the electoral system of the greatest super power the world has ever known, and install his puppet as the president.

Yeah. Fox is putrid, but liberal news services in America are not exactly known for their sanity.
    Except that what is said about Russia hacking electronic elections and supporting voting fraud in other countries is entirely true and has been proven time and again. See the latest scandal in Moldova as an example.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; June 10, 2019 at 11:02 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Both will jump on any piece of outrage available and religiously promote a very specific political doctrine to the point of altering reality to push their agenda. The difference lies merely in the type of doctrine.
    Can you find a comparable piece from BBC? Like the piece on metric system.
    The Armenian Issue

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Fox news is pretty ridiculous. From the violent video game moral panic in the noughties pushed by pearl clutching Christians to complaining about millenials banning... handshakes? And this?

Alas Fox News is not available in Europe so I can’t say I have much experience with what it is like. I more or less only watch BBC News myself.
    Coming from a country where 70% of television subscribers subscribe to Foxtel (of which News Corp has a 65% controling share in), I find the concept of a country that lacks a Fox-anything to be strange and unaustralian.

Don't you kids have Sky News?

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Fox News is the most watched news channel in the USA. Yet, its by far the source of most actual fake news. The term "Faux News" was coined long before the term "fake news" became popular through the usage from conservatives. We know how lacking the "fake news" narrative have been coming from the right. They ignore Fox News, the number source of real fake news, as if there is no tomorrow. Thanks to its popularity, we can say that Fox News has an effect on the general public. It's primary function is to fuel the ignorance and bigotry of the masses.

Recently, I stumbled upon Tucker Carlson talking about the metric system, calling it "weird Utopian inelegant creepy system":

Every year, they go on and on about a war on Christmas. Whenever there is a conspiracy theory it is a high probability that you can see a Fox News pundit on air with it. They poison the public through numerous issues, and they normalize idiocy. The commentators on Fox News programs are more than commentators. They're agitators.

So, post your own examples from Fox News. How can this be battled? Other countries have their own news channels that behaves like Fox News. No matter how hungry people are for the truth channels like that still manage to poison the well. What can be done about them?

-Thread moved to the Academy, as it does not concern a current and specific political event. ~Abdülmecid I

I don't see Fox being any worse than other mainstream media when it comes to fake news. Fox as far as I know was never guilty of faking the news by rigging vehicles to explode to support a claim of a flaw designed, as NBC did when it rigged GM trucks to explode and got caught red handed http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/LIE/nbc.html. Nor was this kind of fake news reporting unique to NBC http://walterolson.com/articles/crashtests.html.

More recently, while plenty of press was given to the Trayvon Martin shooting, the mainstream media (NBC, CBS, ABC, etc.) did not bother to report that the racial roles had been reversed several years earlier where a black neighborhood watchman Roderick Scott shot and killed a white student Chistopher Cervini, and was acquitted. Unlike Zimmerman, who shot just once, Scott shot multiple times, and Cervini, unlike Martin, had not even touched Scott.

And while plenty of press coverage is given to cops shooting black men, when the cops shoot white victims the same media spends far less time reporting the incidents, such as when the cops shot and killed a man in a wheel chair armed with with a pen. https://www.texasobserver.org/hpd-ki...in-wheelchair/. While African American males are shot by police at a significantly higher rate than whites, African American males also have a significantly higher murder rate as well. The higher police shootings of African Americans reflect the fact and are in proportion to the higher rates of violence among the African American community http://theconversation.com/a-new-loo...ly-force-98681. African American males are 4 times more likely to be shot by police, but are also about 4 times more likely to commit murder as well. Yet the mainstream media such as NBC, CBS, ABC fails to mention that critical factor in the debate. Also failing to mention the fact that police shootings represent only a very small fraction of the deaths of African American males by violence, only 1.5%. This emphasis on the police shootings without the context by mainstream media like ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS has led to violence against, for example https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/u...-shooting.html, which is under reported or ignored by mainstream media. Those of us who live in black communities and know first hand how the mainstream media under reports or even ignoring the violence committed by non white minorities. Take this incident, which really never made the front page of the national media http://content.time.com/time/magazin...138030,00.html
    Last edited by Common Soldier; June 13, 2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    I don't see Fox being any worse than other mainstream media when it comes to fake news. Fox as far as I know was never guilty of faking the news by rigging vehicles to explode to support a claim of a flaw designed, as NBC did when it rigged GM trucks to explode and got caught red handed http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/LIE/nbc.html. Nor was this kind of fake news reporting unique to NBC http://walterolson.com/articles/crashtests.html.

More recently, while plenty of press was given to the Trayvon Martin shooting, the mainstream media (NBC, CBS, ABC, etc.) did not bother to report that the racial roles had been reversed several years earlier where a black neighborhood watchman Roderick Scott shot and killed a white student Chistopher Cervini, and was acquitted. Unlike Zimmerman, who shot just once, Scott shot multiple times, and Cervini, unlike Martin, had not even touched Scott.

And while plenty of press coverage is given to cops shooting black men, when the cops shoot white victims the same media spends far less time reporting the incidents, such as when the cops shot and killed a man in a wheel chair armed with with a pen. https://www.texasobserver.org/hpd-ki...in-wheelchair/. While African American males are shot by police at a significantly higher rate than whites, African American males also have a significantly higher murder rate as well. The higher police shootings of African Americans reflect the fact and are in proportion to the higher rates of violence among the African American community http://theconversation.com/a-new-loo...ly-force-98681. African American males are 4 times more likely to be shot by police, but are also about 4 times more likely to commit murder as well. Yet the mainstream media such as NBC, CBS, ABC fails to mention that critical factor in the debate. Also failing to mention the fact that police shootings represent only a very small fraction of the deaths of African American males by violence, only 1.5%. This emphasis on the police shootings without the context by mainstream media like ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS has led to violence against, for example https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/u...-shooting.html, which is under reported or ignored by mainstream media. Those of us who live in black communities and know first hand how the mainstream media under reports or even ignoring the violence committed by non white minorities. Take this incident, which really never made the front page of the national media http://content.time.com/time/magazin...138030,00.html
    Well, its telling when the references you could come up with is from 1993 and involves a case of NBC failing to point out that they were showing a demonstration of how GM trucks' gas tanks exploded. In 1999, GM was ordered by court to pay 4.9 billion dollars to 6 victims that were severely burned because of their 1979 Chevrolet Malibus. Looks like you made a fake news yourself there.

Then you talk about Scott shooting Cervini and liken it to Zimmerman shooting Martin. Unlike Zimmerman, Scott was immediately arrested and charged with murder. Unlike Martin, Cervini had a criminal record that involved breaking into cars which he was doing at the day of his shooting with 2 of his friends. Zimmerman shot once, Scott shot twice. Mainstream media probably didn't pick it up because the legal process played as it should have unlike the Zimmerman case where it was bended to accommodate the non-black guy. Even Fox News didn't pick it up.

The press doesn't pick up shooting stories when a black man is shot. They pick them up when the legal process is pushed to accommodate a particular group of people. If they did the former then you'd have a lot more of them. Though, not all of them pass through. Henry Davis, a black man, was mistakenly arrested by three cops in Ferguson (they were looking for someone else) and was beaten very badly. The cops sued the guy for getting blood on their uniforms. That was not featured in CNN too.

There is plenty of fake new from Fox News.
    The Armenian Issue

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese View Post
    Coming from a country where 70% of television subscribers subscribe to Foxtel (of which News Corp has a 65% controling share in), I find the concept of a country that lacks a Fox-anything to be strange and unaustralian.

Don't you kids have Sky News?
    What about it? Sky News is as equally tame as the BBC.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Well, its telling when the references you could come up with is from 1993 and involves a case of NBC failing to point out that they were showing a demonstration of how GM trucks' gas tanks exploded. In 1999, GM was ordered by court to pay 4.9 billion dollars to 6 victims that were severely burned because of their 1979 Chevrolet Malibus. Looks like you made a fake news yourself there.
    A Malibu is a car, completely different class of vehicle, and what simply because the fouts ruled in one way doesn't make their ruling valid. Anyways, the fact that the best you could come up when the was a case as nearly as old, and a different case from my example says a lot about what you said. Saying the t ok to rig trucks to explode and portray that as a safety defect is apparently ok in your book, and you criticized Fox?

Then you talk about Scott shooting Cervini and liken it to Zimmerman shooting Martin. Unlike Zimmerman, Scott was immediately arrested and charged with murder. Unlike Martin, Cervini had a criminal record that involved breaking into cars which he was doing at the day of his shooting with 2 of his friends. Zimmerman shot once, Scott shot twice. Mainstream media probably didn't pick it up because the legal process played as it should have unlike the Zimmerman case where it was bended to accommodate the non-black guy. Even Fox News didn't pick it up.
    As I said, unlike Martin, Cervini did not actually touch Scott, and there were witnesses that disputed Scott testimony, and Scott unlike Zimmerman fired more than once. Martin was suspended from school at the time of the shooting, which is why he was in the neighborhood he was shot in the first place. Zimmerman claimed self defense, and unlike Scott, had the wounds to prove he was being assaulted. It would still no clear, but one of the he wouunds in Cervini seem.to be in his back, undermines Scott's claim.of self defense. I don't think the Scott verdict was wrong, but the only bending of the legal.process was in trying to convict Zimmerman. Until the Federal government got involved, the police were ruling it a clear case of self defense, the fact Zimmerman was placed on trial was simply due to politics. In Scott's case, I never have seen any evidence that the 3 trens were active breaking into a car, that is merely what the press claimed, but provided no evidence that I have seen to prove it. While Scott.may have thought they were breaking into a car, I that doesn't necessarily make I so. Scott could have safely stayed in house and waited for he police, you deliberately grabbed his gun in what he knew could be a dangerous situation as which was far worse than Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't know Martin would turn violent, and he he saw a steangeer to the neighbors hood erson at night, otherwise he could have shot Martn before Martin was on top of him

The press doesn't pick up shooting stories when a black man is shot. They pick them up when the legal process is pushed to accommodate a particular group of people. If they did the former then you'd have a lot more of them. Though, not all of them pass through. Henry Davis, a black man, was mistakenly arrested by three cops in Ferguson (they were looking for someone else) and was beaten very badly. The cops sued the guy for getting blood on their uniforms. That was not featured in CNN too.

No, the press has gotten invovled when the actions did not meet the results they wanted. Not all the cases of cop shooting and beating of innocent people.get reported, but that is true for victims of all races, not just black ones. PS - the man wasn't being sued for getting blood on the uniforms, he was charged with a crime of Gettysburg ng blood on the uniforms (property damage), a charge that was apparently bogus. No doubt the cops were trying to hassle the guy after he insisted his photo be taken first before being treated to prove attack by the police.

There is plenty of fake new from Fox News.
    That doesn't answer the issues raised against other medias, and you haven't dispoved my assertion that other media you don't criticize is guilty of the same kind of things as Fox. I asked a question you have evade answering, in that name an example of where Fox faked all he news as boldy as NBC. Where did they flat out fabrication an explosion as NBC did. You keep.repeatng the same charge.agaijst Fox, and have failed to .answer my evidence that the rest of the media is just as guilty of Faux news.
    Last edited by Common Soldier; June 18, 2019 at 03:51 PM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

The problem with America media is that it is profitable to play to a target audience. They don’t actually believe this stuff, why do you think Tucker Carlson used to be a CNN host.

By contrast the BBC is accountable to the general public.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    A Malibu is a car, completely different class of vehicle, and what simply because the fouts ruled in one way doesn't make their ruling valid. Anyways, the fact that the best you could come up when the was a case as nearly as old, and a different case from my example says a lot about what you said. Saying the t ok to rig trucks to explode and portray that as a safety defect is apparently ok in your book, and you criticized Fox?

As I said, unlike Martin, Cervini did not actually touch Scott, and there were witnesses that disputed Scott testimony, and Scott unlike Zimmerman fired more than once. Martin was suspended from school at the time of the shooting, which is why he was in the neighborhood he was shot in the first place. Zimmerman claimed self defense, and unlike Scott, had the wounds to prove he was being assaulted. It would still no clear, but one of the he wouunds in Cervini seem.to be in his back, undermines Scott's claim.of self defense. I don't think the Scott verdict was wrong, but the only bending of the legal.process was in trying to convict Zimmerman. Until the Federal government got involved, the police were ruling it a clear case of self defense, the fact Zimmerman was placed on trial was simply due to politics. In Scott's case, I never have seen any evidence that the 3 trens were active breaking into a car, that is merely what the press claimed, but provided no evidence that I have seen to prove it. While Scott.may have thought they were breaking into a car, I that doesn't necessarily make I so. Scott could have safely stayed in house and waited for he police, you deliberately grabbed his gun in what he knew could be a dangerous situation as which was far worse than Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't know Martin would turn violent, and he he saw a steangeer to the neighbors hood erson at night, otherwise he could have shot Martn before Martin was on top of him

No, the press has gotten invovled when the actions did not meet the results they wanted. Not all the cases of cop shooting and beating of innocent people.get reported, but that is true for victims of all races, not just black ones. PS - the man wasn't being sued for getting blood on the uniforms, he was charged with a crime of Gettysburg ng blood on the uniforms (property damage), a charge that was apparently bogus. No doubt the cops were trying to hassle the guy after he insisted his photo be taken first before being treated to prove attack by the police.

That doesn't answer the issues raised against other medias, and you haven't dispoved my assertion that other media you don't criticize is guilty of the same kind of things as Fox. I asked a question you have evade answering, in that name an example of where Fox faked all he news as boldy as NBC. Where did they flat out fabrication an explosion as NBC did. You keep.repeatng the same charge.agaijst Fox, and have failed to .answer my evidence that the rest of the media is just as guilty of Faux news.
    If you don't want me to guess what you were referring to you should have come up with better knowledge. It's clear that you randomly Googled and clinged to any source you could find as your two links on the GM point do not provide much reference or information. Then of course, to cover up that deception on your end, you try to put words in my mouth. No, nothing I said can be constructed to mean that I think it's OK for NBC to rig a truck to deceive people into thinking that their trucks are not safe.

You are continuing to try to deceive people with your Zimmerman/Scott story as well. Same with others. You're trying to frame reality into a version that you're OK with. It's what FOX News does. It's what you're trying to do. It's what degenerates the society.
    The Armenian Issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12