Thread: Where the :wub: are the artillery reload animations.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Where the :wub: are the artillery reload animations.

I mean WTF?

Surely we ought to expect better?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Default Re: Where the :wub: are the artillery reload animations.

Apparently not, the battles are utterly phoned in many aspect, but everyone is just ecstatic to have a strategic layer that is functionally good at release.

Animations like that has been long gone in recent TW games. Warhammer has autoloading cannons and ballistas aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    Animations like that has been long gone in recent TW games. Warhammer has autoloading cannons and ballistas aswell
    Ift fantasy fan don't care about this, that isn't my problem.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

It's such a tiny part of the army that I don't even think should be in the game, so I can't say that it matters to me.

If they went with the historical version, they'd have to animate a dozen guys pulling the rope whenever it fired.

Overall it seems like wasted effort in the face of adding more animations to units I actually use.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Together with the naval battles, enjoying a lovely June day in a picturesque retirement home. Seriously though, Three Kingdoms is based on Warhammer, which is severely lacking in animations, under the somewhat suspect excuse of the great variety between unit models. Three Kingdoms' exoticism is limited to Chinese humans, but I suppose Creative Assembly decided that adding new animations would not justify the spending of the necessary resources. Although their absence is disappointing, like Zoner, I also don't find their inclusion very important. However, artillery can be very deadly, once its accuracy is increased through levelling. An army full of trebuchets and archers shooting fire-arrows is basically unstoppable and can literally melt any opposition.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 07, 2019 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Parseltongue.

ah yes, perpetuating the fire arrow myth.

WH makes sense to skip stuff, because they'res so much stuff, this has one piece of artillery.

We're playing Second fiddle to a fantasy game.
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; June 07, 2019 at 03:42 AM.

Well 3 kingdoms has a lot of fantasy elements. Probably why we have counter weight trebuchets in the first place.

I hope to see traction trebuchets added in a dlc pack. Shogun 2 had them after all. But I suspect CA (or Sega?) will focus mainly on the Romance elements to keep the Chinese market interested. Realism is secondary.

I suppose I'll have to make do with the inevitable period accurate overhaul mod.