Thread: Game Crashes Whenever Nassau is Conquered

Default Game Crashes Whenever Nassau is Conquered

On the off-chance this is an unnecessary repost the moderators are free to delete this post. I already made one in Technical Help but due to what appears to be the semi-inactive state of this mod I wanted to try and post here to see if no such pre-moderation rule existed for posts here so I could get help faster.

So I'm playing a campaign as the United States and I'm at war with Britain. Right as I'm about to start a battle in Nassau it crashes. I don't just mean a crash. I mean as soon as I right click on the city of Nassau and my unit closes in right before the pre-battle/siege screen comes up, the game crashes straight to desktop. I'd encountered a few easily fixable crashes in this mod so I begrudgingly decided to try and end the war with Britain or at least resign myself to blockading Nassau for the rest of the game. But France shows up and tries to take the Bahamas next and it seems as soon as the AI reaches Nassau as well and "starts" a battle the game also crashes. So it's like what am I supposed to do, start a war with every nation who tries to invade the Bahamas - while being at war with Britain who's last piece of land in the theater is the Bahamas? Kinda flies in the face of my whole strategy of diplomatically isolating the Confederates so nobody misses them once I execute the Anaconda Plan. Plus you know how the ETW AI can be about people who start wars.

I turned to ESF editor and other tools to try and manually change the ownership of Nassau and the Bahamas and either I don't understand something after checking the tutorials or the issue is something else. The game crashes whenever I try and load the saves now - I have un-edited versions of the saves though just in case something like this happened - but it seems the entire bug has broken the campaign and eighty turns in for me restarting the whole thing and hoping it doesn't happen again isn't an option.

Any solutions/ideas?

Tiro

Default Re: Game Crashes Whenever Nassau is Conquered

Boards on this site are typically dead. I'll see my post get 150 views but never a reply. :/

I'm about to try this mod out after I install it. I'd suggest reinstalling as this should have been a seriously obvious bug early into the development of this mod. I'm installing 3.6.2.
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE