Thread: fun facts?

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default fun facts?

Im not great with chinese history but i have studied the martial arts for 25 years, pretty sure the ten Eunuch killed at the start of the game was the Ten Tigers of Shaolin, after the Shaolin temple was burnt down as they supported the Han dynasties much like the Samurai protected the Japanese Emperor . Can anyone confirm this theory of mine?.

"illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Default Re: fun facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    Im not great with chinese history but i have studied the martial arts for 25 years, pretty sure the ten Eunuch killed at the start of the game was the Ten Tigers of Shaolin, after the Shaolin temple was burnt down as they supported the Han dynasties much like the Samurai protected the Japanese Emperor . Can anyone confirm this theory of mine?.
    No. Buddhism was still very much a fringe religion in this era. The Shaolin Temple was established during the Northern and Southern Dynasties, 300 years after the start date. Shaolin martial arts weren't developed until the Sui dynasty at the start of the 7th century.

The Ten Regular Attendants weren't in any way responsible for the martial security of the emperor. That was the purview of the imperial guards, The Gentlemen Rapid as a Tiger (which Yuan Shu was part of) and The Gentlemen of the Feathered Forest (which Dong Zhuo had once been part of). The Ten Regular Attendants were officials within the imperial bureaucracy and the heads of the eunuch faction at court, not warriors or soldiers.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

ok my mistake, I do know buddhirama introduced the first martial arts exercises/yoga concept in 527ad from india. This complimented Monks because they meditated up to 12 hours a day and needed exercise to balance. started from 16 basic stances. 8 defensive and 8 offensive, in all 8 directions.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

This game starts in 190AD.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Dong Zhuo and Commodus were killed in the same year.