Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nazi Punch - Youtube bans inherently discriminatory videos

Default Re: Nazi Punch - Youtube bans inherently discriminatory videos

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Christchurch was broadcast live on social media, Forgotten already? It was was the event which destroyed any credibility in the so called 'market of ideas' argument. Never mind the legal implications, when people decide to use social media to watch people being killed for sport then a line has been crossed.
    You repeatedly poison these debates by deliberately conflating mass murderers and terrorists with political commentators. No one has, or would, argue that the Christchurch shooting stream should have been left untouched or that jihadists should be free to use social media companies to plan or promote acts of violence.
    Last edited by Cope; June 13, 2019 at 04:07 AM.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Mussolini was a pussy, who let 10,000 Jews die. End of.

Of course you don't, how else are racists, so-called nationalist and other people how get their jollies off such things going to raise funds or exchange fantasies about beating up or murdering black people and women

Where can I buy this fabled T-shirt? No doubt the same place I get my unicorn dung and manticore steaks.

I'm anti the death penalty but if a terrorist or someone who promotes terrorism gets whats coming to them, I think 'meh is the proper response'. I'm curious to know why you thing race-based terrorism deserves a hall pass.Why is shooting up people in churches or mosques , or kids on holiday a '(reasonable) reaction of the people'.

Christchurch was broadcast live on social media, Forgotten already? It was was the event which destroyed any credibility in the so called 'market of ideas' argument. Never mind the legal implications, when people decide to use social media to watch people being killed for sport then a line has been crossed.

I mentioned before, I don't give a about Crowder's career. An entertainer lives or dies by their material. YT have no more obligation to host his material, than they would of me daddy-dancing in a thong.
    You start your post by complaining about strawmanning, and end it with strawmanning. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    You start your post by complaining about strawmanning, and end it with strawmanning. Impressive.
    Spamming a strawman complaint when criticised for strawmanning.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    You repeatedly poison these debates by deliberately conflating mass murderers and terrorists with political commentators. No one has argued that the Christchurch shooting stream should have been left untouched or that jihadists should be free to use social media companies to plan or promote acts of violence.
    No one? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    We don't really have a problem with "peddling misinformation, hate, fear and hysteria."

Breivik and Tarrant explained their actions with manifestos, quoting directly from the works of what you seem to call 'political commentators' Osborne commited his act after reading the works of a political commentators, one Tommy 'milkshake' Robinson . Fields was undoubtably encouraged to run over a liberal by memes fantasing about running over liberals. Dylan Roof was thoroughly radicalised by 'political commentators'. Then there's the ISIS guys radicalised by 'political commentators'. It's as if there is a common thread here.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

No one? Really?
    Show me the post in this thread which has explicitly argued that terrorists ought to be entitled to use social media platforms to orchestrate and/or advertise their attacks.

Breivik and Tarrant explained their actions with manifestos, quoting directly from the works of what you seem to call 'political commentators' Osborne commited his act after reading the works of a political commentators, one Tommy 'milkshake' Robinson . Fields was undoubtably encouraged to run over a liberal by memes fantasing about running over liberals. Dylan Roof was thoroughly radicalised by 'political commentators'. Then there's the ISIS guys radicalised by 'political commentators'. It's as if there is a common thread here.
    So when an Islamic terrorist cites the Q'uran or a Catholic terrorist the Bible, you'll want those texts banned on social media too? Thought not. Stop wasting everyone's time with this intellectually vapid nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Exactly. And yes, it is actually the type of terrorism that police won't do anything about. You get arrested for wearing, for example a KK shirt (and for good reason), but it's ok to wear a (thinly veiled) "Kill all white men" logo on a shirt.
    Where can I buy this fabled T-shirt? No doubt the same place I get my unicorn dung and manticore steaks.
    I did not write what mongrel is quoting me as writing.

Spamming a strawman complaint when criticised for strawmanning.
    First of all, spamming? really? literally the first time in this thread that I used that word and somehow I'm spamming it? lol. If anyone has been spamming that term it is you.
    Secondly I wasn't the one strawmanning, at least have the decency to admit that much. I only entered that debate when you wrongly accused someone of holocaust denial for stating a fact.

No one? Really?
    Who in this thread has done that?

Show me the post in this thread which has explicitly argued that terrorists ought to be entitled to use social media platforms to orchestrate and/or advertise their attacks..
    Mongrel is now officially bored.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you'd followed the discussion you'd find it had started with the question of whether one should splatter terrorists who use social media platforms to orchestrate and/or advertise their attacks. See posts 109 and 110.

So when an Islamic terrorist cites the Q'uran or a Catholic terrorist the Bible, you'll want those texts banned on social media too? Thought not. Stop wasting everyone's time with this intellectually vapid nonsense.
    Their interpretation of that material is already banned in the case of certain Islamist groups. Mere membership of such groups leads to prison in the UK, where have you been the last few years? Same goes for the neo-Nazi group National Action, following the murder of Jo Cox MP. It should be extended to all who incite discrimination, violence and terrorism, by law in my view. However social media is taking the right steps, at last. Shame people had to die first.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I did not write what mongrel is quoting me as writing.
    If it is not you, it must be a copy and paste error. Apologies if affected you badly, one would be justifiably ashsamed to be associated with that lazy argument, even if lazy arguments are your speciality. I shall put the question to the original author.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 13, 2019 at 10:12 AM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

A British, left wing comedian suggested using battery acid instead of milkshake in an assault upon a British politician.

Why do we not see the likes of Mongrel criticising it?

Christchurch was broadcast live on social media, Forgotten already?
    So was the gang rape of a swedish woman by "immigrants", yet this didn't stop some pro-immigration people (including people from this forum) to dismiss the gang rape as a "gangbang".
    Here's a reminder of the incident:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsal...aming_incident

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    A British, left wing comedian suggested using battery acid instead of milkshake in an assault upon a British politician.

Why do we not see the likes of Mongrel criticising it?
    There is only one Mongrel. And he doesn't believe in gratuitous freeee dumb of speeeech.

Having monstered the thread defending Jo Brand, Mongrel can say he's been critical, and not in a snowflakey way like Farage. She's spoilt the creamy fun for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    So was the gang rape of a swedish woman by "immigrants", yet this didn't stop some pro-immigration people (including people from this forum) to dismiss the gang rape as a "gangbang".
    Here's a reminder of the incident:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsal...aming_incident
    Your whataboutery is futile, I would expect such material to be banned and the authors prosecuted as a matter of course. My understanding was that these people were indeed jailed. So no difference whatsover. Or is it for you that if non-migrant people abuse or kill people and the social media, they get a free pass?
    Last edited by mongrel; June 14, 2019 at 01:27 AM.

Because streaming a violent crime is same as making political commentary. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing IQ just by reading some of these orwellian talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Because streaming a violent crime is same as making political commentary. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing IQ just by reading some of these orwellian talking points.
    You call streaming the Christchurch murders a political commentary? I read that as supporting terrorism.

You call streaming the Christchurch murders a political commentary? I read that as supporting terrorism.
    Allow me to use my advanced knowledge of sarcasm to explain to you what his statement meant:
    Streaming a violent crime (Chirstchurch murders fit said category) is NOT the same as making political commentary.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Steve Crowder is pretty annoying. Not gonna miss him. If you don't like Youtube's content policy you can always use a different video streaming service.

Streaming a violent crime (Chirstchurch murders fit said category) is NOT the same as making political commentary.
    It certainly can be. In fact the word "Terrorism" even implies political goals and aims.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

You repeatedly poison these debates by deliberately conflating mass murderers and terrorists with political commentators.
    I am holding all the political "Opinion" guys like Hannity as being responsible in fanning the flames for these animals.
    You can't be going on the air every night and scream at the camera about a Muslim invasion or whatnot then "Oh I never meant for anyone to actually kill anybody!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Steve Crowder is pretty annoying. Not gonna miss him. If you don't like Youtube's content policy you can always use a different video streaming service.
    Because allowing corporate entities determine what can be said on the Internet is a great idea... if what you want is some orwellian dystopia. I don't see anything wrong with just recognizing major media oligopolies as public utility, since there is no need to give them a right to deny anyone platform based on superficial and vague criteria such as "hate"
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I am holding all the political "Opinion" guys like Hannity as being responsible in fanning the flames for these animals.
    You can't be going on the air every night and scream at the camera about a Muslim invasion or whatnot then "Oh I never meant for anyone to actually kill anybody!!!"
    The "fanning the flames" argument is a slippery slope that leads to authoritarianism, not to mention that this can be applied to a much bigger extent to mainstream media. After all, what Bush did in Iraq and Obama did in Libya was much worse then all mass shootings put together, and mainstream media was cheer-leading both wars - yet liberal establishment doesn't really demand censorship of corporate-owned media. Like I said before, if an opinion is "fanning the flames" then debate it with constructive arguments. Otherwise it is just a vague excuse for shutting down opposition under vague and mostly non-existent pretext.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; June 14, 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Did you hold BLM and many left-wing news outlets accountable when Micah Xavier Johnson murdered policemen in Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    It certainly can be. In fact the word "Terrorism" even implies political goals and aims.
    Imagine if I had said that being a terrorist isn't the same as being Muslim and you'd reply with "It certainly can be". Sure, it can. So? Is all political commentary terrorism?

Imagine if I had said that being a terrorist isn't the same as being Muslim and you'd reply with "It certainly can be". Sure, it can. So?
    What? You said that streaming a terrorist act is NOT the same as political commentary. I am pointing out that terrorism is usually a political act, broadcasting it would be some kind of statement.
    Is all political commentary terrorism?
    No, I said the inverse: all terrorism (depending on how strict you define the word) is political commentary. Terrorism is committed to try to effect some kind of change on society.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    What? You said that streaming a terrorist act is NOT the same as political commentary. I am pointing out that terrorism is usually a political act, broadcasting it would be some kind of statement.
    It wasn't even my statement, I was explaining HH's sarcasm to Mongrel, since it went completely over his head.
    No, I said the inverse: all terrorism (depending on how strict you define the word) is political commentary. Terrorism is committed to try to effect some kind of change on society.
    Sure, but that wasn't what HH said. He said, I repeat once more with translation, that streaming violent crime isn't the same as making a political statement. In other words, #notallpoliticalstatements
    I'll give you a different example to explain it better: Grass isn't the same as plant. Then you come in and say that all grass is plants, which is true, but doesn't in any way make the original statement less true, because not all plants are grass, meaning that they aren't the same.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; June 14, 2019 at 06:00 PM.