Thread: Is it possible to trigger an event with a console command before its due date?

Default Is it possible to trigger an event with a console command before its due date?

I'm playing the game (with SS 6.4) and there's an event with fires in late campaign after 290 turns.
    I'm in the middle of the campaign (turn 110) and I don't want to restart it. So editing the descr.event file won't have any effect on a game that has already started.

Is it possible somehow to fire this event with a command using the console?
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it possible to trigger an event with a console command before its due date?

The (known) possibilities of the console are limited and do not include a command to set event counters or trigger pre-scripted events. You could however advance the date to the year before, end the turn and then reset it once the event has fired but I am not entirely sure if that command works with the console, example: date -272 will set the date to 272BC

Default Re: Is it possible to trigger an event with a console command before its due date?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The (known) possibilities of the console are limited and do not include a command to set event counters or trigger pre-scripted events. You could however advance the date to the year before, end the turn and then reset it once the event has fired but I am not entirely sure if that command works with the console, example: date -272 will set the date to 272BC
    Thanks I'll try that
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.