Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Units Tutorial (Finally CA yes!!)

Default Mixed Units Tutorial (Finally CA yes!!)

For the first time in a total war game we have access to (and apparently easily modified) mixed units!!!!
    I will go over the basics of making these mixed units but for now what I know is possible is units with inf/cav or inf/ranged or even all three. The combinations, as well as now unit variety are literally endless. This @#%t is crazy!
    Im super excited, I hope you guys (especially the unit makers) are too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jfyWH62HY&t=25s

This video goes over the potential for mixed units in the latest TW game. This could lead to so many new and exciting avenues in modding.To do the basics of this in the game files.You will need to changeLand_units_templates_tablesand you will need a units from Composed_entities_tablesin shortyou find a soldier type you want to add to a unit from the Composed_entities_tables such as "3k_main_general_fire_generic_bodyguard"which is the cavalry i used in the video.
    then find the unit you want to add it to in Land_units_templates_tablesand insert a new row linking that composed entity to that land unit. and then decide on the health and number of these new guys. and its that easy For those of you interested in questions, discussions.
    Or my Overhaul/battle realism Mod check out my discord.
    https://discord.gg/WeZFcZV

Essentially the majority of the editing will be done in Land_units_templates_table
    as you can see below to get the mixed unit in the second video you just add in a few new rows

Last edited by Leonardo; June 06, 2019 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Thread prefix and YouTube video tag added.

Default Re: Mixed Units Tutorial (Finally CA yes!!)

Remember that the unit is still strutctd based on the Land_units table, so if you do give ranged guys to a inf unit, and you want them to work. The inf unit has to have a "ranged weapon' and ammo in the land_units table

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

This is awesome! I too love the Sengoku Jidai style of warfare and have been trying to emulate it through my own modding. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

This is awesome, thanks for sharing, opens up a lot of possibilities for realism mods.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

@WakelessREX: I added a YouTube tag for your last video.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

sweet thanks

Awesome, this opens up huge possibilities for historical ancient Chinese pike and crossbow warfare of the time. And with more extensive modding, turn it into Rennisance era pike and shot!

That is one of the goals yes.
    Sadly it appears that there are no long type spears in the game, the longest thing being Ji's it seems.

Also for anyone interested in modding units a friend of mine as made a template for units.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...unit_template/

Great find, I'm currently trying to implement it on a unit but no matter what I try can't get to archers to stand behind they rest, they always end up in front.

This is the table structure I have currently, but I've tried every possible combination of random, middle, front, no_override between those 3 entities. Any idea?

Thats excellent news actually, as I tried to get ranged units in the front for a good while without being able to achieve it! There has to be more going on with this table than is obvious, for instance giving horse soldiers to a ji militia unit works fine but add infantry to a generals unit causes them to glitch as though they are riding cav 'floating'

Anyway, id love to help you with this, do you have discord? If so please hit me up there and provide me with the relevant .pack

Sure, sent you the file.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Possibility for pike and shot? Awwww yeaaaah

I've been trying to put ranged units in the middle without any luck. They always seem to be at the very front of the unit.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Civis

Except "crossbowmen", right?

Nope crossbowmen are always at the front for me too.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

WakelessRex's video shows archers at the back though.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    WakelessRex's video shows archers at the back though.
    Because it was originally a spear man only unit; adding archers will automatically put it in the rear by default.

For some unidentifiable reason...my mixed crossbowmen unit has spearmen in the front, though.

im surprised none of you released your mod yet on adding a few new units on this

Quote Originally Posted by Srisiam View Post
    Because it was originally a spear man only unit; adding archers will automatically put it in the rear by default.

For some unidentifiable reason...my mixed crossbowmen unit has spearmen in the front, though.
    could you share your table please? only got archers to work in the back but no luck with crossbows, and crossbow is the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast