Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

Tiro

Default Re: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

That'd be the simplest and most diplomatic way. Cut the entitlements and people will not desire to be there or to come there. American war in Libya and Syria is what opened up the flood. Being benevolent, allow guaranteed safety in passage back. As for America, there is no denying that thousands of people are crossing the border daily, but America needs to reconsider the consequences of equality acts and amendments to the Constitution after its most successful wars domestic and in Europe.

LEFTists love to manipulate and mix messages, Bill Clinton was great, to offer a taste of what people think they want by reading opinion polls and then being able to divert blame when the results are not what the poor, poor voters expected. Did I say LEFTist? That's the great umbrella of all individualists. People who think that all others are equal and have the same mundane desires of life, to work hard and be safe.
    _
    There are hordes of people, European, Asian, and Eurasian in the largest part, telling others they can be whatever they want to be, yet have zero leadership capacity to allow those people to get to the point where they realize what it is they really are, only able to supervise and make a managerial equation out of every task and necessity.
    Last edited by Bob69Joe; June 15, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    So basically your counter-argument to California being an s-hole is that you have relatives (who happen to live in a rich community) there who say it is not? You do realize that anecdotal claims aren't legitimate arguments, right? The fact is that sanitary conditions are on some kind of medieval level there, all thanks to "progressive" Democrat governance. California is 100% controlled by Democrats, and it is being run to the ground.

Nah, they can just cut migration by 90%, cut all the welfare for migrants, tax businesses that hire immigrants and tax the out of religious institutions like mosques.
    OK yes any personal story n-1 argument is statistically invalid but how often have you been to California? If I list I can can push my n to 12. On balance its cites in my several years experience are no worse than any others in Africa or Europe or South America. Go to the Barrio or skid row, shanty town etc and you know what it sucks. Yep Wow its has a nice climate and so attracts a lot people who think they will make it big (and don't) or can survive on the streets because unlike Fargo or Winnipeg you do not die in the winter. The easy solution might be more public toilets like they have in Europe but hey gotta balance the budget. I won't disagree Cali has a lot nibyism in that good and well designed affordable housing is shot down by the wealthy. But per my earlier post I should perhaps have said remorseless - prop 13 spearheaded by conservative republicans but loved by all as one way ticket to an effectively endless tax cut that hammers local government.
    Last edited by conon394; June 15, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    That'd be the simplest and most diplomatic way. Cut the entitlements and people will not desire to be there or to come there. American war in Libya and Syria is what opened up the flood. Being benevolent, allow guaranteed safety in passage back. As for America, there is no denying that thousands of people are crossing the border daily, but America needs to reconsider the consequences of equality acts and amendments to the Constitution after its most successful wars domestic and in Europe.

LEFTists love to manipulate and mix messages, Bill Clinton was great, to offer a taste of what people think they want by reading opinion polls and then being able to divert blame when the results are not what the poor, poor voters expected. Did I say LEFTist? That's the great umbrella of all individualists. People who think that all others are equal and have the same mundane desires of life, to work hard and be safe.
    _
    There are hordes of people, European, Asian, and Eurasian in the largest part, telling others they can be whatever they want to be, yet have zero leadership capacity to allow those people to get to the point where they realize what it is they really are, only able to supervise and make a managerial equation out of every task and necessity.

Nah, they can just cut migration by 90%, cut all the welfare for migrants, tax businesses that hire immigrants and tax the out of religious institutions like mosques.
    Bollocks.

Did John Cleese move to Nevis because of some desire for welfare benefits? Or the wars in Syria/Iraq? Should businesses screening Monty Python shows or employing atheist migrants be taxed to buggery?
    Last edited by mongrel; June 30, 2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Tiro

Oh, Cleese must have moved away from the diversity because English culture is cultivated by the English born lineage.

If LEFTists want culture they can heave theirs, but not substitute the ones they were born into to fit their personal desires.
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Honestly the Russian guy is kind of right.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Oh, Cleese must have moved away from the diversity because English culture is cultivated by the English born lineage.

If LEFTists want culture they can heave theirs, but not substitute the ones they were born into to fit their personal desires.

Foolish post.
    John Cleese is a migrant who moved to a predominently black island.We know why he move, he is a tax exile.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 16, 2019 at 01:00 AM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post

Honestly the Russian guy is kind of right.
    Kind of? And I can tell you why. If a Russian dude, who's white, says ''I'm not ethnically English, I'm Russian'', then nobody questions it. But it can't be said if it's a non-white. Because the cosmopolitan paradigm is based on denial of ethnic identity if there's a white/non-white discussion. That's modern racism. Indeed look at the hysterical screeching of the woman.

Such nonsense. If that were so, we should deny that the Englsih are British.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, Cali is cool, as in post-apocalypse kind of cool where streets are covered with excrement, immense poverty and medieval diseases caused by utter failure of local government. But sure, it is a great place to live if you are part of a rich minority, segregated from all that in a gated neighbourhood.

London's rising crime rates beg to differ.

Well thats interesting. Does Trump who attacked Sadiq Khan knows about the crime statistics in his own cities?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Foolish post.
    John Cleese is a migrant who moved to a predominently black island.We know why he move, he is a tax exile.
    So I don't actually know where Cleese is these days. I assumed it was an island off the coast of England. Fool's post notwithstanding, culture is genetic, born of a vast lineage that is preserved through strife and bounties. LEFTism is an ideology that demands obedience to the egalitarian assumption of equality of all people. Good luck having children and raising them with that notion, the lowered birth rates in Europe and America are due to this existential ambiguity, plus egalitarianism has dumbed down all of our various daily tasks into utilitarian objectives to claim we are equal in all things.

So I don't actually know where Cleese is these days. I assumed it was an island off the coast of England. Fool's post notwithstanding, culture is genetic, born of a vast lineage that is preserved through strife and bounties. LEFTism is an ideology that demands obedience to the egalitarian assumption of equality of all people. Good luck having children and raising them with that notion, the lowered birth rates in Europe and America are due to this existential ambiguity, plus egalitarianism has dumbed down all of our various daily tasks into utilitarian objectives to claim we are equal in all things.
    I am concerned about the general regression in intellectual capital in the US. Flat-Earthers, Vaxxing, Pizzagate, identitarianism anyone not being a massive racist or refusing to kiss Putin's/Trump's arse being 'of the left'. It's like a counter-Renaissance.

Ignorance is bad enough but to display further ignorance is unforgivable. We use Latin script, plumbing and concrete. Were those passed on through genetics or borrowed from former Roman conquerors who did their damnest to keep the English out of Britain? Lower birth rates are no doubt helped by cotraception and better sex education, plus the reasonable expectation that women are more than just chattels. If you don't hold 'these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal',then toss your constitution in the trash, and give Her Majesty her colonies back.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 16, 2019 at 03:48 PM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post

Well thats interesting. Does Trump who attacked Sadiq Khan knows about the crime statistics in his own cities?
    Man I am sad as a Detroit native that I lived to see the day east coast pussies have taken away one of our claims to fame. What is the point in having been born in the de-industrialized rust belt dystopia if you can't be good at something.

That being said I think with maybe assault or burglary would better metrics to net out the level of gun access in the US vs the UK or anywhere in Europe. Its decidedly easier to kill somebody with a glock than knife or your hands.
    Last edited by conon394; June 16, 2019 at 07:22 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I am concerned about the general regression in intellectual capital in the US. Flat-Earthers, Vaxxing, Pizzagate, identitarianism anyone not being a massive racist or refusing to kiss Putin's/Trump's arse being 'of the left'. It's like a counter-Renaissance.

Ignorance is bad enough but to display further ignorance is unforgivable. We use Latin script, plumbing and concrete. Were those passed on through genetics or borrowed from former Roman conquerors who did their damnest to keep the English out of Britain? Lower birth rates are no doubt helped by cotraception and better sex education, plus the reasonable expectation that women are more than just chattels. If you don't hold 'these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal',then toss your constitution in the trash, and give Her Majesty her colonies back.
    Well, hm, I suppose I can delineate a bit on this. Genetics determines how one can make quality use of their time, even with tools they did not create. I'm not precisely sure how this is non-trivial, where this topic is going.

I'd greatly enjoy seeing monarchism and reality be once again appreciated in the world, instead of people doggingly trying to blame something that was fully in their power to commit themselves to all along. The people of France butchered their own just to make an ideological statement when the fact is, that having the traditions of France made France what it was. The French can not simply discard the pieces they dislike about themselves but keep the baguettes and wine. That is LEFTism.

Cultures must be adhered to and improved qualitatively. All people attempt this, but being in diverse environments, find themselves under attack or attacking.

Oh, and what the Founding Fathers of the Constitution implied, was a Protestant stoicism at the lot of all men. Governments can do no such thing.
    Last edited by Bob69Joe; June 16, 2019 at 04:44 PM.

Well, hm, I suppose I can delineate a bit on this. Genetics determines how one can make quality use of their time, even with tools they did not create. I'm not precisely sure how this is non-trivial, where this topic is going.
    We are now in flat Earth territory.

Cultures must be adhered to and improved qualitatively. All people attempt this, but being in diverse environments, find themselves under attack or attacking.
    Nonsense. There is no such imperative, otherwise we'd both be living in near feudal systems, speaking completely different languages and not have a middle-Eastern deity at the centre of our nations' religion. Like all other creatures on Earth, people have evolved.

Any excuse really to excuse being nasty to brown people or women or others. In my day people didn't have to construct reasons, they were just complete arses who felt that they could. Now we have this contrived and whiney politically correct excuses for such behaviour.

Hence we go back to the OP. In my day tax exiles weren't ashamed to describe themselves as such, they were sticking it to The Man but nowadays attitudes towards them have hardened after a decade of austerity. Hence Cleese's racist ranting , as, in the spirit of Brexit, one can forgive a bigot far more than someone who can't be asked to contribute to our shrinking Treasury.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 17, 2019 at 01:51 PM.

Tiro

I'm being honest, are you?

I'm being honest, are you?
    By using the term 'leftist' as a crutch, I think not. It smacks of belonging to a cult.

For types like Cleese who simply who won't pay their way, I can live with that as long as they don't blame others for their selfishness. Sir Philip Green, for example is a complete , but he doesn't blame migrants for his need to live in Monaco. He enjoys paying less tax and spending time on his three yachts, whilst sailing in the tears of his impoverished retired workers.I respect that.I have no time for John Cleese.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 17, 2019 at 01:58 PM.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cleese has stopped being funny looong ago. I loved him with Monty Pythons but that was 40 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    OK yes any personal story n-1 argument is statistically invalid but how often have you been to California? If I list I can can push my n to 12. On balance its cites in my several years experience are no worse than any others in Africa or Europe or South America. Go to the Barrio or skid row, shanty town etc and you know what it sucks. Yep Wow its has a nice climate and so attracts a lot people who think they will make it big (and don't) or can survive on the streets because unlike Fargo or Winnipeg you do not die in the winter. The easy solution might be more public toilets like they have in Europe but hey gotta balance the budget. I won't disagree Cali has a lot nibyism in that good and well designed affordable housing is shot down by the wealthy. But per my earlier post I should perhaps have said remorseless - prop 13 spearheaded by conservative republicans but loved by all as one way ticket to an effectively endless tax cut that hammers local government.
    California is pretty much controlled by Democrats. The current state of things (which is pretty much the worst in both US and Canada, even here in Toronto we are yet to have an outbreak of some medieval disease) is entirely their fault. One thing is for certain - Democrats love poor people, since they tend to vote for them in hope of handouts. Hence why Democrats are inclined to create more of them.

California is pretty much controlled by Democrats. The current state of things (which is pretty much the worst in both US and Canada, even here in Toronto we are yet to have an outbreak of some medieval disease) is entirely their fault. One thing is for certain - Democrats love poor people, since they tend to vote for them in hope of handouts. Hence why Democrats are inclined to create more of them.
    I'm sure Putin would love to hear rthat.

John Cleese is neither poor, American, nor a Democrat. Nor does he live in California. He's simply a faded star with a pile of money.

California is pretty much controlled by Democrats. The current state of things (which is pretty much the worst in both US and Canada, even here in Toronto we are yet to have an outbreak of some medieval disease) is entirely their fault.
    And yet California continues to be the engine driving the US economy. For all of the right-wing chest thumping about how they are superior in every way to the liberals, without the productive blue states the US would be a Russia-style impoverished wasteland. This reliance on blue states and inability to stand on their own makes those on the right feel inferior and insecure, so they lash out like spoiled children. That explains the right's knee-jerk hatred of California.