Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

Default Re: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    being in the lowest quartile of poverty contradicts your statement.

Fundamentally the problem is the US public health system and poor national health care the. depending on data sets up to maybe 50% of the homeless a are afflicted with mental illness or drug addiction. Even if California were to follow the New York model and build/subsidize large numbers of shelter with permanent to semi permanent residence standards there is a problem, weather. Unlike New York there is no winter to drive those 50% into shelters where they will have get treatment off drugs or on a lot homeless can likely move on. that 50% is more or less lost to economic opportunity no matter what. More subsided low income housing would probably help the rest.
    It seems to be only California who has issues with its government well, not knowing how to be a functional government. Hence even "officially" poorest states don't have such problems with sanitation. Its just because Democrats are incompetent and too corrupt to deal with such issues. They are simply unfit for being a government.

Default Re: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It seems to be only California who has issues with its government well, not knowing how to be a functional government. Hence even "officially" poorest states don't have such problems with sanitation. Its just because Democrats are incompetent and too corrupt to deal with such issues. They are simply unfit for being a government.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I think they will take their story about some poop in a street over dead infants any day.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Interesting that those states with the most strict anti abortion laws have the highest child mortality...
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Meaning the women chose shady more dangerous, and less sanitary alternatives for abortion, because they cant do it legally. I do miss the high moral point here, given the end result is a dead child anyway.

Also i wonder if in other states Abortion counts, for the Child mortality rate statistic wise, im guessing not.

Other than that i hear in those particular states there is difficulty for accessing healthcare for low-income and minority women, so i recon it might there be a social economic issues being a factor here, and the healthcare system as a whole in those states. That might be more of an issue for infant mortality.

What im trying to say, there is for certain more factors that impact infant mortality, then abortion laws.

Ireland has restrictions on Abortion, and despite this their infant mortality rate , is comparable to other countries within EU, who have less or very few restrictions on Abortion. Ireland even has lower infant mortality then UK.
    A report of 2014 says.
    https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpub...vsar2014/imsm/

There are countries in Europe where Abortion is legal, like Romania and Bulgaria, and Infant mortality is the highest in Europe, for instance.

I suspect the quality and accessibility of healthcare in those states of the south is more of an issue. Socio-economic issues, play a factor here, as well obesity for example.

To reduce it all on Abortion restrictions is disingenuous, and obviously politically influenced stance.

Btw im not anti abortion or anything, but this issue has plenty of facets to it, to be reduced in such manner.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 25, 2019 at 05:07 AM.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...to-tube-tracks

Horrifying results of mutliculturalism in London. White dude pushes old man on tube tracks and he is saved by a muslim. A disgrace

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...to-tube-tracks

Horrifying results of mutliculturalism in London. White dude pushes old man on tube tracks and he is saved by a muslim. A disgrace
    I don't think Cleese can hear you though over the sound of his unpaid taxes.

I think if you dodge taxes in your own country you should lose your citizenship. Its a form of treason to benefit from your homeland, then not contribute in turn. If Cleese is a tax-dodger then he's robbing children, the sick and the elderly. Maybe if him and his rich mates paid their taxes in Britain that crack-head could have got cleaned up instead of rattling around the Underground looking for old men to squish.

Its a shame we have these forms of social media that serve mostly to broadcast brainfarts day and night. I reckon of Cleese sobered up and looked at what he wrote instead of clicking send he'd have made the smart choice and deleted instead.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    What im trying to say, there is for certain more factors that impact infant mortality, then abortion laws.
    My original point wasn't to be any commentary on abortion, just that HH want's to portray Democrat run areas as unsanitary hellholes because he is partisan that way. Chart just shows the "unsanitary hellholes" have much better infant mortality rates (a much more useful metric) than the places he would like to champion; presumably Republican run areas.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    Interesting that those states with the most strict anti abortion laws have the highest child mortality...
    Whataboutism much? That has nothing to do with Democrats being incapable of performing basic governing functions in California.

They apparently have enough capability to govern well enough to have less dead infants than Republican states.

Except that lowest infant mortality rate is also in a Republican state, but let's not let facts get in a way of desperate whataboutsim to justify Democrat's incapability at governing.

It's not a whataboutism, I am not saying Republicans are incompetents who can't run a state. But it does seem to put a damper on your idea that Democrats can't run anything without dangerous sanitation issues.

Then why are the bluest areas the biggest s? As soon as you leave the ultra rich white liberal gentrified area, you are in a third world country. NYC, San Fran, London, same places, same people, same ideology, same crap.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

This report on Seattle is shocking and a real eye opener for what is happening in many cities.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

London has changed, like a lot of towns and cities within the UK. It is nothing to do with Mr Cleese excusing himself moving to the Caribbean.
    How did my sleepy hometown become a violent crime hotspot?
    By Mobeen Azhar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/595..._crime_hotspot

'My hometown of Huddersfield has a dark side of drugs and violence'
    https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...ence-1-9839903
    When Mobeen Azhar returned to his Yorkshire community, he was shocked at the level of violence on the streets. Laura Drysdale reports on his new documentary series.
    The violence, drug disputes and criminal underworld that faced Mobeen Azhar when he returned to his hometown were a far cry from the ‘sleepy’ community he recalls growing up in. He was soon led to confront “the painful truth” that his “calm and happy” hometown now appeared to be a hotbed of violence, gangs and drug dealing.
    Last edited by caratacus; June 26, 2019 at 06:45 AM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Then why are the bluest areas the biggest s? As soon as you leave the ultra rich white liberal gentrified area, you are in a third world country. NYC, San Fran, London, same places, same people, same ideology, same crap.
    Umm you know in general rural red States look a more third world than rural California.

@HH

On name Sam Brownback if you want to see pure republican rule its not fun to look at.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Umm you know in general rural red States look a more third world than rural California.

@HH

On name Sam Brownback if you want to see pure republican rule its not fun to look at.
    Yet its the Democrat states that prove that Democrat party is incapable of governing, ie above-mentioned sanitation issues which we don't see in any Red state. Democrats tend to run on platform based on "equality" nonsense, but as soon as they come to power they bring back neo-feudalism.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Yet its the Democrat states that prove that Democrat party is incapable of governing, ie above-mentioned sanitation issues which we don't see in any Red state. Democrats tend to run on platform based on "equality" nonsense, but as soon as they come to power they bring back neo-feudalism.
    This will be the last time I respond to this silly assertion. Provide me a Matrix of perhaps 30 categories and apply that all 50 states and annotate red or blue and than you have argument. As I have already pointed out the sanitation problem is direct result of the fact that California's climate makes it an attractive place to be homeless (unlike say Fargo). That USA in aggregate has a comparatively poor public health and health care system meaning that in California there is not much to drive in particular the 50% of the home who mentally ill or drug addicted into smelters where they will face treatment. Beyond that some of the solutions say some what open public toilets (for safety) are just not going to fly in prudish America. But California and its particular problems are not something you can Generalize to all blue states and all Dems. Obviously when comes to Finances the Dems are better seeing as Jerry Solved the debt mess that Arnie preside over, and no Blue state has followed the supply side lunacy of Kansas.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

This will be the last time I respond to this silly assertion. Provide me a Matrix of perhaps 30 categories and apply that all 50 states and annotate red or blue and than you have argument. As I have already pointed out the sanitation problem is direct result of the fact that California's climate makes it an attractive place to be homeless (unlike say Fargo). That USA in aggregate has a comparatively poor public health and health care system meaning that in California there is not much to drive in particular the 50% of the home who mentally ill or drug addicted into smelters where they will face treatment. Beyond that some of the solutions say some what open public toilets (for safety) are just not going to fly in prudish America. But California and its particular problems are not something you can Generalize to all blue states and all Dems. Obviously when comes to Finances the Dems are better seeing as Jerry Solved the debt mess that Arnie preside over, and no Blue state has followed the supply side lunacy of Kansas.
    I already pointed out that plenty of other states have decent climate, yet they don't have sanitation issues from Medieval 2. Or California.
    Blaming republicans for this is quite ridiculous - since no other red state has such issues, even if it doesn't have Fargo weather.

I already pointed out that plenty of other states have decent climate, yet they don't have sanitation issues from Medieval 2. Or California.
    Blaming republicans for this is quite ridiculous - since no other red state has such issues, even if it doesn't have Fargo weather.
    Well you can find the same issues in Houston near any of the big homeless collections. But I reiterate 1 issue does not translate into a general indictment.

Looks real Healthy in those red states

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...try/943720001/

And of those well run Red states a re doing a bang up job dealing with Obesity

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a2...obesity-rates/
    Last edited by conon394; June 26, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    You think that would show up on infant mortality rate statistics, huh? See, you can scream about how repugnant your political "opponents" are until you are red in the face, but until you can provide actual numbers of some metric to judge this by, you are really just screaming at us to accept your opinion. And why on earth would we do that?

Indefinitely Banned

My favourite part was when he talked about how when the Congolese and Somalians moved into Britain and started stabbing and knifing english boys in brawls, they english boys had to level up and use knives to defend themselves.

Now, how many acid attacks and knifings have there been under the non white, african fetishising sadiq khan?