Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

which is why they want more of them.
    Funny that hoe so many red states have higher poverty rates than California. In absolute terms of course California has more poor people and homeless because it well bigger than any other state. And of again the weather is such the homeless don't die off in the winter. Public sanitation is tricky in the US people in the US are well prudes. The US could put open public urinals and drop pits near where the homeless gather and betting that unlike Kenya nobody would use them.

And we are yet to hear of same situation in any "evil" Red state. And if by "success" you mean being ruled by people who are unable to do things that were done by Romans thousands of years ago (like sanitation) then sure.
    You do realize how vast large the mortality rate in Rome (imperial city) was amongst the poor? And as I said the US has managed to retain its puritanical roots in odd was one is roman style open public facilities simply would be pointless.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Default Re: John Cleese: London doesn't feel like an English city anymore. Legitimate to prefer some cultures over others

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Just because billionaires in California have more wealth, doesn't mean that the rest of the population isn't in abysmal conditions. And we are yet to hear of same situation in any "evil" Red state. And if by "success" you mean being ruled by people who are unable to do things that were done by Romans thousands of years ago (like sanitation) then sure.
    The point is that Democrats seem to be too incompetent to actually be in power. The other thing is that Democrats rely on poor people - which is why they want more of them.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I have no problem with anyone until they give me reason to dislike them.
    I actually like the world to have variety and it's great that there are East-Asians, South Asians, Sub-Saharian Africans,North Africans etc. That's actual diversity. Unlike the post-racial world wanted by white liberals where everyone is a... brown entity.
    Brown, Basil? why brown?
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy