Thread: Wakes Old School Overhaul

Default Wakes Old School Overhaul

I have a preliminary overhaul mod for download. Its still WIP but if youre anything like me you cant play vanilla TW games anymore

Because there is no Workshop up yet you will have to download the mod from my discord.

For those interested. This is just until workshop comes on for those that NEED something to take that ARCADEY edge off.

https://discord.gg/WeZFcZV

The mod is a movie type which means you dont have to activate it but you should delete it when the workshop comes out so it does not interfere with other content.

At the moment this mod encompasses mainly creating a more realistic battle environment. However in the future the mod will grow to an entire overhaul in the vein of my others. Though not as large or ambitious as my WH mod.

The changes are in such flux that to list anything detailed would be a waste of time as it will likely change in some capacity. I recommend you try the mod if youre interested. However here is a list of things I usually and have changed.

*Game foundations, every KV table and entities have been completely re done. Unlike other overhauls this seeks to "fix" this system from the ground up instead of re tooling it.
    *Completely reworked unit stats (and new units in the future) This is not fully implemented right now but the biggest change is armour matters more and ranged is less effective (less at killing, more at demoralizing and disorganization)
    *various minor changes to campaign system, when children reach adulthood (14 now) and a few other things ive hit with the first pass.
    *Projectiles have been completely changed, they are now no longer OP and serve primarily to disorganize and demoralize enemies
    *As a result of the major changes above battles are now MUCH longer and have far more room for tactical depth. Think Rome 1 or Med 2 thus "old school"

As a generalization if Radious is not "realistic/slow" enough for you, you might like this mod.

The mod was designed with Records mode in mind

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Wakes Old School Overhaul

For those interested. This is just until workshop comes on for those that NEED something to take that ARCADEY edge off.

https://discord.gg/WeZFcZV
    How large is your mod?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Artifex

Default Re: Wakes Old School Overhaul

Did you take inspiration from JaM's realism mods?
    And it would be great if you could find a better hoster than the unsecure data kraken Discord.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai