Thread: Change the bonuses of each attribute (Idea)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Change the bonuses of each attribute (Idea)

I'm not a huge fan of how each attribute works, aside from Cunning.

I feel that each attribute should have 3 bonuses as follows.

Direct Bonus
    Army Bonus
    Administrator Bonus

This will allow all attributes to be beneficial. Several are obviously weak. Morale oddly enough isn't actually all that fantastic, my guys never typically route as long as you protect the flanks even if I don't have a Commander in the army.

If someone can help me find the areas I need to edit to change these, I'll work on a mod that balances them out more and makes them all useful.

Thanks,

Remo

EDIT: I have found the information I need and I'm now working on this mod.
    Last edited by Remo; June 03, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Default Re: Change the bonuses of each attribute (Idea)

Good work,
    its a solid idea and something I wanted to do similarly.
    You could make resolve affect nearby soldiers armor (or retinue) that would be ideal, etc etc.

Im pretty sure this ISNT possible,
    but if we could get the active and passive battle skills to give a higher % bonus based on their skill color?
    for example a sentinel with higher resolve would give more melee evasion from that generic sentinel skill that does +50%.
    That would be the bees knees

Cunning could also affect skill CDs for all chars, that wud be sweet.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    Good work,
    its a solid idea and something I wanted to do similarly.
    You could make resolve affect nearby soldiers armor (or retinue) that would be ideal, etc etc.

Im pretty sure this ISNT possible,
    but if we could get the active and passive battle skills to give a higher % bonus based on their skill color?
    for example a sentinel with higher resolve would give more melee evasion from that generic sentinel skill that does +50%.
    That would be the bees knees

Cunning could also affect skill CDs for all chars, that wud be sweet.
    My mod will attempt to remain ambiguous when it comes to gametype setting (Romance or Records). I personally play on Records but I still want it to work with Romance. So I probably won't be doing anything that effects one over the other.

This is the idea I have so far, granted this is only a snippet using Authority as the idea, but I'm working on it. Hardest part is figuring out what to use for each attribute AS bonuses oddly enough, and then finding the string used to initiate it in pfm.

Authority

(Faction Bonus)character_minister_to_character_factionwide

Satisfaction

(Commanderie Bonus)character_to_region_own_provincewide_when_governor

PublicOrder

(Army Bonus)character_to_force_own / character_to_character_own_forcewide

Morale

(Personal Bonus)character_to_character_own

As you can see I haven't figured out a personal bonuses for Authority yet, spent most my time figuring out the pfm strings.
    Last edited by Remo; June 04, 2019 at 11:10 PM.

Well I started to mod in the stuff, proper modifiers etc. and I got authority all put in correctly and set it as a movie .pack, crashes on startup. I didn't make any mistakes, went over it methodically a million times. Not sure whats going on...

Just gonna kill this thread until I get it figured out.

Icon11 Re: Change the bonuses of each attribute (Idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Well I started to mod in the stuff, proper modifiers etc. and I got authority all put in correctly and set it as a movie .pack, crashes on startup. I didn't make any mistakes, went over it methodically a million times. Not sure whats going on...

Just gonna kill this thread until I get it figured out.
    I had that same thought a while back and got it working like I wanted to, I chose to add bonuses like extra melee damage depending on the amount of instinct your general etc.

The table character_attribute_effects_tables is decoded but has only unknowns for me, pretty easy to deduce but I added my masterscheme + maxVersion thing for you, the names aren't the best but they make sense >.<

Hope it helps.

P.S, works without setting it as a movie pack, just drag into data folder and include it in your user.script file, or create one if you hadn't already.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ABullishBear View Post
    P.S, works without setting it as a movie pack, just drag into data folder and include it in your user.script file, or create one if you hadn't already.
    If you didn't know, but TWC Download now has a 3K category for mods like yours. So, feel free to (ab)use TWC Download, should you decide to upload your mod on TWC (not as attachment).

@Remo: Take your time, your thread (has good stuff) isn't going anywhere.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If you didn't know, but TWC Download now has a 3K category for mods like yours. So, feel free to (ab)use TWC Download, should you decide to upload your mod on TWC (not as attachment).
    Apparently I am not allowed to do that:

ABullishBear, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

when I click on add new file in the top left of that page.

^^

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ABullishBear View Post
    Apparently I am not allowed to do that:

ABullishBear, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

when I click on add new file in the top left of that page.

^^
    I see. The only thing I know that could be is that you're not a full member e.g need to have 25 posts yet due for preventing spamming activities.

Tell you what, I can download your mod in post #5 and upload to TWC Download. Deal?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

hm, alright, I made a version that adds itself to the existing effects, and one that replaces it.

Both also have characters start with a minimum of 1 in each attribute, instead of around 40-50 minimum.

what I did instead to balance the different generals is have their max potential capped, rather than their starting potential(since buffs start at 1 and increase up to 200)

E.G a wood general is more of an all rounder with caps on all attributes at around 135-150,
    while a fire general will be able to get his instinct(melee buffs) up to 200.

I don't really play the YTR so their caps remain unchanged, they will benefit from the added attribute effects though.

Hopefully someone finds some use out of it, feedback is always welcome. I am but one man.

And thank you for the offer Leonardo, please upload these two, instead of the one in post#5

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    Really loving your mod Havie, totally support it. Guess there is no reason for me to do my own hehe.