Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RELEASE] ACW 2.6 - American Civil War: June 2, 2019

Default Re: [RELEASE] ACW 2.6 - American Civil War: June 2, 2019

On of the best mods I've played for any game. Thank you.

Myself and a small group of friends have been playing TW ACW 2.6 online in multiplayer. We have a discord set up and like to play daily. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Help! This is a fantastic mod. But I am running it on a 2012 iMac with Catalina - it worked for a few days but now a few seconds in to every battle I get a screen flicker which gets progressively worse and eventually crashes the battle. Any ideas why this problem might have arisen or how to fix it?

Hi Slyk, just a quick question/suggestion. I'm a cadet at The Citadel in Charleston, SC and I'm active in the living history society where we portray cadets that fought in the civil war. Do you have any plans to add a "South Carolina Military Academy" unit to the Confederate Coastal forces. I love the Battery Wagner map and I was just wanting to see if this could be added into 2.7 since the cadets were active there during the war. Thanks for all you do! Love the mod!

Hi! One of the Confederate early war uniforms is similar, the 3rd Alabama. It was a few years ago now but I think I did not do the Citadel because of space on the texture, it was full and maybe I'm wrong, but the uniform was not significantly different compared to others so I didn't add it at that time. Not to say I couldn't in a future update. Time allowing... I did the Charleston Cadets, I know, not nearly the same, but that's as S.C. as I think I got. I went through all my screenshots and don't see anything specific. Like this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAI

I would like to do any update in the future and have a set of maps done, it is a matter of significant content to make it worth while and that could include more uniforms from the early war or cadet units. Thanks!!!
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Hi! Not certain if this thread is active at all still, BUT curious to know if anyone else is having issues with the Fort Wagner scenario. It is the ONLY scenario that I cannot play. My game crashes to desktop immediately after clicking on it. I do not mean I click on it, then advance to the setup page and experience a crash. I mean when scrolling through the list of available scenarios, I can select everything else, but the moment my left mouse button is pressed when hovering over the Fort Wagner scenario my games stutters and crashes. ACW is the only mod I have installed and I do not have issues playing the map through multiplayer or singleplayer using Custom Battles, it is only the scenario that is giving me issues. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFuneral View Post
    Hi! Not certain if this thread is active at all still, BUT curious to know if anyone else is having issues with the Fort Wagner scenario. It is the ONLY scenario that I cannot play. My game crashes to desktop immediately after clicking on it. I do not mean I click on it, then advance to the setup page and experience a crash. I mean when scrolling through the list of available scenarios, I can select everything else, but the moment my left mouse button is pressed when hovering over the Fort Wagner scenario my games stutters and crashes. ACW is the only mod I have installed and I do not have issues playing the map through multiplayer or singleplayer using Custom Battles, it is only the scenario that is giving me issues. Any advice?
    And just to specify a little more, upon looking at the crash log I am met with "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have appropriate access." I can add the stack here if anyone wants or needs it. Even after a fresh install of both NTW and ACW Ft. Wagner still crashes when clicked on in the scenario menu.

Hi! Yes, the Fort Wagner scenario is broken and it was an on/off again issue when I was testing it and building the release. Sometimes it was fine and after building the package it would not work for some people. I believe the issue is in the XML and/or combined with the data table for one of the CSA units. I have been kicking the tires on a version 3.0 in recent weeks so if I move forward with the new content already done, this scenario will be fixed as well.

Right now I have a number of maps completed and a list of scenarios to add along with a few 'What if' battles that could have but did not happen, mostly due to weather or cold feet on the part of a general. There are a few battles that can have expanded scenarios, Wilderness for one, the Mine Run campaign as another and adding scenarios for the Cold Harbor battles. Most existing maps can work for some but in others, new maps need to be made. Adding unique units as I did with the early-war uniforms is mostly played out but not entirely out of the question. If/when there is a 3.0 it will mainly be maps and scenarios.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12