Thread: Unable to recruit roman units

Default Unable to recruit roman units

HI there,

there's probably some really simple reason for this but I seem to be unable to recruit any units suddenly. I am about 40 turns in and I can only hire mercenaries. Any idea why?

Default Re: Unable to recruit roman units

ok it seems I can recruit when in Rome but not with an army outside of Rome (ie Africa or SPain)

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Hey,welcome to the board, feel free to read the other topics about it...there are at least 3 more, have fun

Thanks, Zaar. I did read through a couple threads related to recruitment but I don't know if this is a bugorbabfeature. It it is a feature then I cannot find instructions on how it should work.

Could you point me to the thread that you think answers this?

Thanks

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Well i havent played the last patch but the one before you need the the tech, than the religion and the right farm , but what i understood now they make a big change in the upcomming patch which sounds more easy. Well i love micromanaging but i guess for the most its hard to calculate all together

So better wait for the next patch and/or support the gods...ehh i mean the dev team XD, they need every hand
    Last edited by Leonardo; June 08, 2019 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

oh i see...so you need certain buildings in a region so you can recruit there? I never saw that written anywhere..odd

It will be much easier in the upcoming 1.15 patch. Currently you need a special building chain that looks kind of like farms called landed grants (IIRC), which has a branch to the right with three buildings of which the first is unlocked by cohort organisation technology. This whole system is scrapped in 1.15. All legions are recruitable from barracks, but we have completely revamped the sequence for the Marian reforms, which now rely on a combination of requited technologies (both civic and military) and buildings.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires