Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Teaser Preview] Divide et Impera: Alexander

Default Re: [Teaser Preview] Divide et Impera: Alexander

:O wow!

Looking awesome! I would reinstall rome 2 just for this. For Persia!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    Seeing that glorious Persian Empire....epic nostaglia

I hope the Persian Roster (we can play as Persia right? Please!!!!!!!!!!) has heavily armoured immortals that resemble Hellenika's Immortals!
    Currently only Alexander is playable because we are crafting the experience around that. However, in the future I am sure there will be versions that have other factions playable.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Currently only Alexander is playable because we are crafting the experience around that. However, in the future I am sure there will be versions that have other factions playable.
    If it could be done, so that playing as the Persian's is effectively like a tower defense game, I could see it be an interesting campaign. Where Alexander's armies are like a horde, and your campaign objective is essentially to stay alive long enough until his death that would be fun.

I'm sure I'm an outlier in this regard, but the WRE campaign kind of had this feeling in Attila - where you're pressed from the outset and need to defend more than you attack, at least until you're in the late game.

Cannot Wait!!!!

Looks great but how is this going to work? For example, Alexander didn't siege down every major city of the persians, he pretty much walked into Egypt and welcomed as pharaoh. I just feel it will be kinda immersion breaking/boring after 15th siege. I know there are limits as to what can be done within total war but it will interesting to know what's possible. Either way im looking forward to it!

The plan is to have areas that can be liberated or will rebel eventually. But, you are right - its a Total war game and we are limited by the engine.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

The plan is to have areas that can be liberated or will rebel eventually. But, you are right - its a Total war game and we are limited by the engine.
    If the goal is to recreate a somewhat closely historical campaign, it could be done by (almost or completely) removing garrisons from most settlements. Then creating a few special capitals that have extensive garrison. You could adjust the building income and such to make it worthwhile to head to Tyre, Egypt, etc. This would create the feel of a massive Persian empire with large armies and resources, but whole regions ready to collapse/capitulate except a few strongholds.

At least, that’s my two cents, you all know how to actually make it all work.
    Last edited by Ptolemaios Soter; June 03, 2019 at 10:24 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

That sounds good, @nhvanputten! I like the idea of reduced garrisons, especially for some of the minor settlements.

I am thinking this setting might be hard to play in MPC or as the Persians solely, since it will be hard to make Persia balanced. However when you are creative there might be ways Maybe there could be a certain towns that trigger events (like rebellions of AI factions etc) when captured by Macedonians. On the otherhand, one cool thing might be that the persian player would not play as Dareios but intsead as a potential usurper (like Bessos for instance) and would start on the other end of the Empire, kinda making the game 2 player hotdog with Persian in the middle Also Indians could pose a possible other playable faction, Scythians also Historical accuracy is a must but sometimes little bendig for gameplay might make more interesting setups to play

Victory conditions could be considered, will Alexander be mortal or repspawning general? Both generals are mortal and their death is insant defeat? Does Persia lose when Persepolis is lost? These could be pondered upon

I am surprised CA never made Alexander DLC or SAGA. Rome II was ripe for it and Alexander is quite famous. Would've been an instant buy from me.

If they wanted to do that they would need another map, though. The IA map is acceptable for us to use it for the Alexander mod but CA would definitely have to do better than this. They would need something starting perhaps with the Adriatic in the west without the whole western Europe, but with the larger focus on Greece and Asia Minor.

Awesome! Conquering as the barbarians will be fun, and then defending the crumbling glorious civilization will also be a good alternate challenge later down the road a la FotE.

looks nice

eta wen

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Scarrus View Post
    looks nice

eta wen
    Within 2019

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    I am surprised CA never made Alexander DLC or SAGA. Rome II was ripe for it and Alexander is quite famous. Would've been an instant buy from me.
    They announced that they're working on a new Saga game. Who knows, it may be an Alexander game.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sucks to hear that,

For Persians, we will take our revenge!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't mind playing the struggling early Romans at the same time as well. Although the map would be a bit limited in that regard with the few amount of regions in Italy present.
    Last edited by Dardo21; June 11, 2019 at 11:45 AM.

It's still not as bad as it is in Greece, though.

Looking at the game map in first post, I wonder: when Alexander started his campaign, did he realize how huge Persian Empire is?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast