Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Teaser Preview] Divide et Impera: Alexander

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Senator
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Teaser Preview] Divide et Impera: Alexander

No, or at least not in its entirety. From what I recall, the Greeks at that time had a pretty good knowledge of lands west off Babylon, and certainly some knowledge of Persia proper (Persis and Media). But what laid beyond that was almost entirely terra incognita to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DC0 View Post
    Looking at the game map in first post, I wonder: when Alexander started his campaign, did he realize how huge Persian Empire is?
    He had a general idea that the Persian Empire was enormous but he wouldn't have known just how expansive it was. Xenophon and Herodotus both write about India but Greeks didn't know how far away it was. Hecataeus of Miletus (who lived in the Ionian portion of the Persian Empire) created a map of the world that includes India in it, but after Alexander's conquests subsequent maps (e.g. Eratosthenes' map) better reflected the size of Asia and show India being much farther away from Greece than previous maps had.

Looking AWESOME!!!! GREAT idea for the DeI mod.
    Best regards.,..

Little update that will probably interest some of you who wanted to know about satrapies. After a lot of testing, the Persian AI just isn't performing how we want as a large empire so we are now giving it at try with satrapies instead. Here is an updated map we are currently working on:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Little update that will probably interest some of you who wanted to know about satrapies. After a lot of testing, the Persian AI just isn't performing how we want as a large empire so we are now giving it at try with satrapies instead. Here is an updated map we are currently working on:

Looks promising. This setup might also make more plausible Persian scenario to play as I am actually quite interested how the empire was divided into satrapies under Persian kings. So far I am only familiar with the way Alexander divided the realm with his generals
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 16, 2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spoilers added.

Here is a nice reference, although we didn't use this fully for gameplay reasons but we followed it a bit

Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

How many Macedonian players are going to largely ignore Persia and focus on Italy instead?
    ORANGE MAN BAD

Looks very impressive, definitely interested to see how it plays out once you are ready to release it.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    How many Macedonian players are going to largely ignore Persia and focus on Italy instead?
    Oh, quite a few. I'm sure

I had missed this announcement, incredible what Dresden is other moddeur gives this game possiblites new.
    I hope I thank you in advance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234