Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Teaser Preview] Divide et Impera: Alexander

Icon4 [Teaser Preview] Divide et Impera: Alexander

Divide et Impera: Alexander

Scenario Submod Campaign

Overview
    For the past 4 months I have been working on a project and today I am happy to announce that project with a few teaser images. With the next major mod update coming in a couple months, a new type of Submod will be making a debut. I am tentatively calling these Scenario Submod Campaigns and we hope to have many more in the future. The general premise of these campaigns will be that they are optional submods which replace the Augustus campaign and will allow for new scenarios to be enjoyed from different parts of history all using DeI's systems. These will also allow for a more customizable, RPG experience as we further develop these concepts going forward. It will also allow us to independently develop these submods after release.

The first of these will be an Alexander Campaign that starts in 335 BC and follows the legendary leader from just after his father's death through his many wars and conquests. While it is still currently in an alpha-ish state, I wanted to post some screenshots and let everyone know what we are working on. Things here may not be final but at least its a teaser of what is to come. Another exciting note is that Benjin from the wonderful AAA generals mod will hopefully be joining the project to help create custom models for Alexander and perhaps Darius, as well as help in other areas as well!

Stay tuned for a lot more information about this as we get closer to our next mod release!

Teaser Images
    *Remember this is an alpha version so a lot is subject to change!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks to Jake for the new emblems, DMW for the screenshot main image and to KAM for outlining the new Macedon roster!
    Last edited by Dresden; June 15, 2019 at 01:42 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Teaser Preview] Divide et Impera: Alexander

Omg omg omg omg

Dresden i love you

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There is a loooooooooot to conquer here

In all seriousness if you want a tester hit me up, I'll log countless hours into this

Centenarius

What a nice surprise!

A very good idea. Alexander did not plan to draw against Rome after he smashed the Persians. He died before he could realize these plans. The submod lets the player test a good alternative scenario.

Would it be possible to add more to the historical battles? There is a mod that inserts the battle of pharsalus and thapsus. apparently, the ones planned by CA were included, but were not.

Yes Benjin actually had that idea. Add a couple historical battles and some other features to fully flesh this out. The initial release will probably be the base campaign as best as I can present it with various new features. My plan is to continue working on it past release to further develop various aspects.

Holy. .

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

This is so awesome.

Wow, you guys are amazing! This would be a phenomenal campaign. I haven't really gotten into any of the DLC campaigns (I own them, but just for the factions, units, etc. that they add to the grand campaign). I can't help but make two suggestions/requests that I hope don't detract from my immense appreciation.

The Achaemenid Empire was built on satraps, the word itself drawing from them, hence Shahanshah - "King of Kings." In fact, I believe Alexander preserved several of the Persian satraps after he defeated Darius's army. Can the Persian Empire be broken up a bit into these divisions instead of the massive blog that appears in the screenshot?

Most games, movies, books, etc. seem to focus on either the conquests of Alexander or the following rise of the Roman Empire. Much less popular attention is paid to the Wars of the Diadochi, which is a shame because I think that period is actually far more interesting. Alexander faced a single, unified opponent, but his successors battled each other across a host of different lands, nations, armies, and political alliances. Since I infer from your opening post that there are more scenarios being brainstormed, please consider this an early request for a Scenario Submod Campaign set in the successor conflict wars.

I might need to increase my patreon membership. You all do too much good work to quantify. Thank you again!

Foederatus

This looks fantastic & I need this in my life.
    Last edited by Teh_Diplomat; May 31, 2019 at 08:24 PM. Reason: duplicated word.

What an F'ing legend @ Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by nhvanputten View Post
    Wow, you guys are amazing! This would be a phenomenal campaign. I haven't really gotten into any of the DLC campaigns (I own them, but just for the factions, units, etc. that they add to the grand campaign). I can't help but make two suggestions/requests that I hope don't detract from my immense appreciation.

The Achaemenid Empire was built on satraps, the word itself drawing from them, hence Shahanshah - "King of Kings." In fact, I believe Alexander preserved several of the Persian satraps after he defeated Darius's army. Can the Persian Empire be broken up a bit into these divisions instead of the massive blog that appears in the screenshot?

Most games, movies, books, etc. seem to focus on either the conquests of Alexander or the following rise of the Roman Empire. Much less popular attention is paid to the Wars of the Diadochi, which is a shame because I think that period is actually far more interesting. Alexander faced a single, unified opponent, but his successors battled each other across a host of different lands, nations, armies, and political alliances. Since I infer from your opening post that there are more scenarios being brainstormed, please consider this an early request for a Scenario Submod Campaign set in the successor conflict wars.

I might need to increase my patreon membership. You all do too much good work to quantify. Thank you again!
    Yes the Diadochi wars are a definite possibility for a future campaign. For the satrapy situation I am of two minds about it and may add some in as we go. Right now I chose to have them be 1 large empire for a few reasons. First, the AI does not really handle itself well with satrapies and we want it to be a challenge. Second, the idea of the scenario is thats its a difficult fight at first in an underdog situation against a "big bad" opponent. And, third, while I realize that technically the Persian empire was made up of satrapies I don't feel the way they are represented gameplay wise matches the historical situation. Instead, there are multiple areas to liberate as you go.

If after testing it turns out that the AI would actually be better in a multiple satrapy situation, then it is plausible we could make that change. I do think both ideas have merit for different reasons.
    Last edited by Dresden; June 01, 2019 at 02:41 PM.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Wow Dres you guys just don't quit! Looking foreword to this one for sure! Always wanted to play a decent Alexander campaign in TW.
    BTW will this submod require RoTR for the early Italian and Carthage factions rosters? Or will those factions just have vanilla DEI units to start with?

Pretty sure we're adding our own roster.

I like Phil Collins song with same name too but this one's mood matches better what I feel when you do what you did again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twi4sZrWhEE

Hoooly crap that's amazing Dresden! I have been asking CA for an Alexander DLC for years. Can't wait!!

This is awesome, you guys never fail to amaze! The Achaemenids are a personal favorite of mine to read about, so I'm eager to see the undoubtedly brilliant treatment they get from the DeI team.

WOW!!!

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Ho lee . It's happening. You just HAVE to include some music from the movie
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast