Thread: Call to arms

Default Call to arms

The Five Barbarians or Wu Hu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Barbarians
    M2TW Kingdoms modification https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Kingdoms-F-A-Q
    I wonder where CA will go with the DLC? I suspect different Wu HU culture packs and competitor civilisations
    Hopefully a new GenghisKublai styled expansiion/campaign, though circa 1000 years after the 3 kingdoms period

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Call to arms

Moving this thread so other people can share their thoughts about this.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

CA has already announced future DLC will remain in the same time period, with different starting positions and more characters from Romance of the Three Kingdoms

We’re taking a slightly different approach to DLC for TW3K; based both on the exciting opportunities the Romance of the Three Kingdoms source material offers us and the preference we know players have for larger DLCs which adds considerable new replay.

What you’ll see initially for TW3K DLC are what we are calling ‘Chapter Packs’.

We’ll be taking notable chapters from Romance and creating new start positions that reflect their events. Adding a cast of new and familiar characters, features and objectives each time, that exemplify that chapter and the thrilling stories it tells.

While you’ll find a selection of new heroes and villains populating each new chapter, you’ll also see some familiar faces from the main game. However, they’ll be at a different point in their life, and are likely to have a very different set of needs and desires at this stage in their journey.

In terms of ‘size’ of content, you can expect a Chapter Pack to be somewhere between a Culture Pack and a Campaign Pack. There will be a serious clutch of new playable factions and a raft of new mechanics to get to grips with in each, while you’ll be playing across all of China.

Our hope is that, eventually, when you start a fresh campaign you’ll get to decide where in the epic tale of the Three Kingdoms you want to dive in. Picking from a range of exciting scenarios and challenges that reflect some of the most remarkable legends ever told.
    My guess is considering the massive success of 3K, they'll keep other dynasties for spin-off titles and just focus on the novel for this game.

>Exciting opportunities
    Ye, I’m sure that the exact same map, exact same era but with less factions and recognisable characters is gonna be real exciting. Can’t wait to play the Guandu bookmark without the ability to raid supply or Chibi bookmark without naval battles.

This doesn’t mean that that they won’t be doing other eras however, they even said it themselves: ‘Initially’ . Even then, I do not believe they will ever touch Five barbarians and Sixteen Kingdoms, it is both very controversial(racially charged) and relatively unknown.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadBuax View Post
    >Exciting opportunities
    Ye, I’m sure that the exact same map, exact same era but with less factions and recognisable characters is gonna be real exciting. Can’t wait to play the Guandu bookmark without the ability to raid supply or Chibi bookmark without naval battles.

This doesn’t mean that that they won’t be doing other eras however, they even said it themselves: ‘Initially’ . Even then, I do not believe they will ever touch Five barbarians and Sixteen Kingdoms, it is both very controversial(racially charged) and relatively unknown.
    OF COURSE IT'S EXCITING! WE GET TO BUY MORE STUFF THAT COST CA LESS TO MAKE. O.o

That said, it's not necessarily a bad idea, or that we weren't spoiled by previous expansions.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!