Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turns Per Year Mods (10TPY & 15TPY)

Default Turns Per Year Mods (10TPY & 15TPY)

Turns Per Year mods

Vanilla is set to 5TPY, these mods will increase that number. They should be compatible with most other mods and with most updates. In theory they are compatible with save games but I haven't fully tested that!

10 Turns Per Year
    Changes turns per year to 10 and turns per season to 2.

Steam Version

Download - Normal mod pack, place in data folder.

15 Turns Per Year
    Changes turns per year to 15 and turns per season to 3.

Steam Version

Download - Normal mod pack, place in data folder.

I haven't tested how these will impact events in game that may be tied to turn or year number. Please report any issues with that, thanks!
    Last edited by Dresden; July 04, 2019 at 12:55 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Turns Per Year Mods (10TPY & 15TPY)

A must. Thanks!

After 34 turns with Yuan Shao, I already got a message about him dying of natural causes. All his heirs are mopes. No thank you!

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you so much Dresden, I can't wait for these mods as I feel the TPY currently is terrible and makes the game such a rushjob that I can't enjoy it. Have to charge through the game because amazing characters die too quickly so you can't take your time.

Awesome, can't wait for your test results! Ten turns per year would really make for an insanely epic campaign.

Added Download links, let me know how things go

If a moderator could move this to the Campaign Modifications section, that would be appreciated!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread moved per OP's request.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

WHy not 12 per years? like 12 months?

@Leonardo Thanks!

@interpol The base game is setup with 5 seasons, so for now this made the most sense. 12TPY is possible as is variations on season length with different seasons being different lengths. To do 12TPY I would need to decode more tables and setup new seasons, which I am not sure how much of the game that impacts yet. For now this is a minimal impact that also doesn't require a startpos.

Awesome, glad to see this out now. I'm curious though, theres been attempts before at this and they all had an issue where characters that age up like go to a baby for a year then turn back into adults. Is this present in yours or did you fix these kinds of issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    10 Turns Per Year
    Changes turns per year to 10 and turns per season to 2.

Download - Normal mod pack, user script use required.

Movie Pack Version - Just drop into your data folder, but will always be active.

15 Turns Per Year
    Changes turns per year to 15 and turns per season to 3.

Download - Normal mod pack, user script use required.

Movie Pack Version - Just drop into your data folder, but will always be active.
    Your mod is small and I wonder if you have consider to upload it on TWC Download, being the 1st 3K mod uploaded.

Three Kingdoms - Minor Mods and Tweaks

If you need to update the mod then you can just replace the current mediafire link you posted with a new link then add that link into a mod entry, in the "Link to file" feature, on TWC Download.

Just ask in the MSCT thread if you any questions.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Not sure why I cant find the edit button but are you familiar with scripting? And if so could you look into porting over the War Weariness script to 3K? I feel like with some modifications to the values it could help tame the game down.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz24 View Post
    Not sure why I cant find the edit button but are you familiar with scripting?
    You can't edit your post before you have 25 posts due for preventing spammers, not saying you're a spammer, but that's the reason why new members cannot edit their posts before having 25 posts.

Next time you want to edit your post then report it and the moderation will gladly assist you.

Did you tested if Zheng Jiang also start as a baby on this Dresden? The other ones released by others so far have the bug

Good work btw

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz24 View Post
    Awesome, glad to see this out now. I'm curious though, theres been attempts before at this and they all had an issue where characters that age up like go to a baby for a year then turn back into adults. Is this present in yours or did you fix these kinds of issues?
    I haven't fully tested this so thats a good question. I had not seen the other mod versions of this so I am not sure. If anyone runs into the issue, please let me know.

In theory all this does is add seasons to the year cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by samuraixkan View Post
    Did you tested if Zheng Jiang also start as a baby on this Dresden? The other ones released by others so far have the bug

Good work btw
    From what I can tell she doesn't but as I said please report any issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Your mod is small and I wonder if you have consider to upload it on TWC Download, being the 1st 3K mod uploaded.

Three Kingdoms - Minor Mods and Tweaks

If you need to update the mod then you can just replace the current mediafire link you posted with a new link then add that link into a mod entry, in the "Link to file" feature, on TWC Download.
    I will check it out when I get a chance, thanks!
    Last edited by Dresden; May 31, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

This is actually a very simple mod. I just had to decode one table with four columns and thankfully this time around changing TPY does not require a startpos from what I can tell.

Ok, so far testing hasn't brought up any issues for me. The only thing worth mentioning is that some events appear to be tied to turn numbers and therefore happen earlier, like the Diaochan event which kills Dong Zhuo happening in 190 instead of 192, which really isn't a problem.

Also, as an added bonus, since it isn't a startpos edit its actually working on older saves as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This is actually a very simple mod. I just had to decode one table with four columns and thankfully this time around changing TPY does not require a startpos from what I can tell.
    Absolutely that's great that changing TPY doesn't require to edit the important startpos file. This makes it a lot more compatible to other mods.

I have to correct my earlier report, after some more testing and using the mod on an older savegame I get some weird results:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As seen in the pictures child characters can sometimes change to an adult portrait, and others to the generic portrait of a captain (those only availble to Yuan Shao). Also the new portrait seems to reflect the actual properties of the character meaning those with adult portraits can be used as generals despite being only one year old.
    The oldest character I've seen with this was 17 years old, and once he became 18 he received a regular portrait. So the main problem is that characters become recruitable from the age of 1 instead of 18.

It would be interesting to know if this only affects savegames started without the mod though.

Edit: The bug seems to be there for new games as well. For an easy replication just start a Sun Jian campaign and wait one turn, you'll be able to recruit a 14-year-old Sun Ce.

Edit 2: The issues were caused by another mod which I obviously didn't suspect since it said it would only increase the chance of having children when it actually also tampered with the age of adulthood. Please excuse the inconvenience, mod is working absolutely fine & thanks for your work Dresden!
    Last edited by Arni the Terminator; June 01, 2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Fixed

Thank you for the mod. Could you please tweak army supplies too? Attrition now is real problem especially when besieging during winter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast