Thread: How do I disable artillery spawning for rebels? It ruins battles.

Default How do I disable artillery spawning for rebels? It ruins battles.

I find it ahistorical and frustrating that the separatist rebels spawn with ballistae and onagers. It makes the entire rhythm of battle unfun, as I have to rush them with cavalry and basically suicide them trying to destroy it. I also cannot think of a single recorded instance of the historical Bagaudae using field artillery.

Anyhow, I love the new version but this is an un-lanced boil from vanilla that needs to go away.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Default Re: How do I disable artillery spawning for rebels? It ruins battles.

So what is the problem to just stand in loose formation and wait until they run out of ammo. They have like 12-14 shots what barely is enough to breach the wall, so how can this ruin any battle? In fact armies with artillery are just weakened if they employ any.

If you really hate this very specific issue you can probably edit the roster

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If you really hate this very specific issue you can probably edit the roster
    Is it enough to go through rosters and delete units? Do you have to go to other places in the files as well?

It's pretty straightforward. Remove specific unit permission from their military group by deleting the row in units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables

Quote Originally Posted by WibblyWWonder View Post
    It's pretty straightforward. Remove specific unit permission from their military group by deleting the row
    I hope you are going to support all his later questions about crashes, "what to do" and so on issues. It is really bad manner to give unexplained tips before you realize he knows what to do. Workshop section is much better to direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    So what is the problem to just stand in loose formation and wait until they run out of ammo. They have like 12-14 shots what barely is enough to breach the wall, so how can this ruin any battle? In fact armies with artillery are just weakened if they employ any.
    You'd know about bad manners.

Anyway, I just checked a few other threads here and realized that the responses to a lot a questions are pretty hostile. Do me a favour, Cgma, delete my posts here. I won't bother visiting this place again. And maybe take a chill pill.