Thread: mr.Freud's Extreme Battle Overhaul

Default mr.Freud's Extreme Battle Overhaul

This mod is made ONLY for Records mode + Extreme unit size.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It increases Unit sizes past Extreme setting and slows down combat.
    Missile units and towers are nerfed. Cav units get their charge stats nerfed a little bit. Armor and morale of all units are tweaked. Replenishment is increased to catch up with increased unit size - especially when garrisoned at a settlement.
    (Make sure unit size is set to Extreme. Also I'm not sure if achievements get locked when using mods - so pls report back if you see them unlock)

Steam Link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1820315370

I love the game overall, but personally find that combat is too fast for historical mode (Records mode).
    I will continue to tweak it so all feedback is welcome. (post feedback in Steam pls)
    Last edited by Mr.Freud; July 30, 2019 at 04:55 PM.

Default Re: mr.Freud's Extreme Battle Overhaul

reserved

Just tested it a bit. Seems quite fine overall, but there's a problem with the morale. Units are hardly demoralized, even when they are almost destroyed.
    UPC project - Spanish assistant-translator - No longer

Quote Originally Posted by Draikz View Post
    Just tested it a bit. Seems quite fine overall, but there's a problem with the morale. Units are hardly demoralized, even when they are almost destroyed.
    Yes, especially when you play on hard or higher battle difficulty. I messed with morale table way too much. I'll upload new version in few hours.
    And what do you think about missile units and towers? I think I'll give missile units more ammo to compensate for lower damage.

It would be cool, when you could add a version number to the name of the *.rar file.

haven't updated yet, I will post list of changes

Well i used it and doubled the units and it still works big thx . This is total war.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 600.jpg  
    Last edited by ElSypatiko; May 31, 2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: adding picture

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freud View Post
    Yes, especially when you play on hard or higher battle difficulty. I messed with morale table way too much. I'll upload new version in few hours.
    And what do you think about missile units and towers? I think I'll give missile units more ammo to compensate for lower damage.
    Hmm I'd say missile units are mostly ok as they are now, maybe some more ammo or rebuff the damage a little bit would be nice.
    UPC project - Spanish assistant-translator - No longer

updated

I personally really like it when units route(sometimes reform) while having 50%< casualties, it’s quite authentic, units only running when taking extreme casualties really diminishes the immersive factor. Perhaps the HP could be raised even more while morale lowered?

Just a personal preference tho, will be testing to see how it turns out.

Achievements work for me.

Now, this another thing i noticed, could be in the base game aswell, some light infantry run at the same speed as some general bodyguard horses and can catch them up when both are from tired to exhausted. Lost one of my generals this way.
    I think it was one of those Ji militant halberds who did that.

Would be cool to see some slowed down movement on those infantry since i feel its a bit silly for infantry to catch horses and keep up. Again it was only at when they were both tired - exhausted. I dont know how slow horses get in real life but this is new to Total War

will upload new version to steam soon and post link here