Thread: Army size

Icon5 Army size

In the past ESF edit has allowed us to edit the army amounts from 20 to 40 , now this game's are organized differently . Im looking to edit ether the amount of retinues you can have in one army or the amount of units a retinue can hold say from 6 units to maybe 8 or even 10 allowing for a full army of 30 units can we put our minds together and sort this out

Default Re: ARMY SIZE

Has anyone tried editing a general's retinue slot storage in the startpos? In data.pack|campaigns|3k_main_campaign_map|startpos_historical.esf|CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS|COMPRESSED_DATA|CAMPAIGN_ENV|CAMPAIGN_MODEL|WORLD|CHARACTER_GENERATOR|PERSISTENT|CHARACTER_STORAGE|CHARACTERS|CHARACTERS - #|PERSISTENT_CHARACTER|CHARACTER|PERSISTENT_RETINUE|CHARACTER_PERSISTENT_RETINUE_SLOTS there is a folder for each retinue slot. I know it's incredibly tedious, but it may be possible to duplicate the folders in there to increase a general's retinue capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    Has anyone tried editing a general's retinue slot storage in the startpos?
    Does not work.
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

I have been searching lines in EditSf for a while now, this is much different from what I'm used too.

So in the original spot in the editsf for the 40 stack change in Warhammer there is 2 values now, 21 and 14.

The stack size in this game is 21 also garrison size is 14 max SOOOO this is looking like the right value to focus on.

The problem is that editing these values in anyway causes the game to crash so I'm wondering if maybe the Current iteration of editsf isn't showing the specifics behind these values so they can't be properly edited.

Btw who was the original creator of EditSF, I have been talking to RoninX on steam about Saveparser but that's different then this I would imagine.

Default Re: Army size

I think EditSF was created by Daniu, but he has retired from the project. Occasionally he will answer questions, but he mostly doesn't work on it anymore. EditSF should still be showing the specifics of those values properly because it reads a typecode for the value and then interprets the value as such. The typecode for the 21 and 14 you speak of are 32-bit unsigned integers. While I don't know why they originally specified they were unsigned integers instead of signed, there is no difference in their values until they exceed 2,147,483,647, which this obviously doesn't. I also know the integer interpretation isn't wrong because it is used very frequently throughout esf files and has been the same since Total War: Empire (or before).

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Is there a way to add more or less generals to an army? Round-a-bout way of altering how many units there are, but might be better than nothing.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Bump for visibility. This problem has been on my mind for a while and I'm hoping someone is able to update Edit SF for Three Kingdoms (gotta get my 42 unit armies)

EditSF works for Three Kingdoms (to my knowledge), we just haven't found how to change army size yet.

an army is consists of 3 generals max and generals units are max 6, so 3 and 6 are better numbers to focus on.

Are there any news?
    SSD 2/3:
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    use this mod
    This is not that.
    SSD 2/3: