Thread: Mounted Crossbow animations exist in the code

Default Mounted Crossbow animations exist in the code

I was browsing around to see if there may be any hint of future weapons/content and I saw that there are rider animations for sword and crossbow, sword and repeating crossbow, and also sword and shield and repeating crossbow. I didn't take a picture of that but it was in the animation tables files.

Dw I think is dual wield. 2h250 is halberds, 2h175 is everything else. 1h095 is all one handed weapons.

At present I am trying to determine how to assign a unit animations, as it's not in the land_units table like before. If I manage to make an ersatz mounted crossbow I'll post how. All I am doing there is just making it on the mounted archers so I don't have to fiddle around with making a new unit

Default Re: Mounted Crossbow animations exist in the code

Mens_table is the table that deals in animations. You go to the animation tables in the data file to see what animations you want.

At present the crossbow mounted animation is buggy. The sword appears/disappears at idle, they don't carry them quite right (I am sure they are meant to carry smaller, it may be that + animation isnt' done) and reloading is too fast. My guess is CA is working on them for a DLC.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 31, 2019 at 06:44 AM. Reason: The IMG tag removed for the last two pictures due for being too large..

AS far i remember well , it was possible to create new animations from existing ( fragments ) one .(was possible in TW Rome 2 ).
    So i hope to create halleardier wth crossbow and footmen with shield , spear and crossbow.

nice find

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod