Thread: Food question

Default Food question

Playing as Liu Bei and all going well. Have decent positive food, income, 2 armies, etc. Then i take Yuan Shao's capital and all of a sudden i am -16 food. Did some deals to get food to -12. Now my whole faction is in jepoardy. Went ahead a few turns but situation not improving (was hoping public order improvement would help).

Anyone else run into this? What is the best course of action? There are food facilities already in the city i took. Do i demo all other buildings for food? Seems awfully punative if i have to convert to all food buildings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Default Re: Food question

Check what the food buildings in the city actually are - there's two lines of buildings in the 'green' section - one gives you food - the other trades it away at -8x per turn, it sounds like you have the trading away version, and you probably need to demolish/downgrade it.

Big cities consume alot of food level 5, 10 food, level 6, 16 food, thats where most of your food will go, Yuan Shao is pretty OP with alot of money, was his capital big?

You were right. It was on food trader at -6 per turn. Downsizing and switching to food producer at +3 per. Still leaves me at -3 but getting closer.

Yuan Shao's capital was a large city around 1 mil i think. My whole faction population has been declining rapidly due to food shortage so that city is down to 750,000 or so. Even with the smaller population, my food shortage stayed the same.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk