Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox News: aka the Faux News

Default Fox News: aka the Faux News

Fox News is the most watched news channel in the USA. Yet, its by far the source of most actual fake news. The term "Faux News" was coined long before the term "fake news" became popular through the usage from conservatives. We know how lacking the "fake news" narrative have been coming from the right. They ignore Fox News, the number source of real fake news, as if there is no tomorrow. Thanks to its popularity, we can say that Fox News has an effect on the general public. It's primary function is to fuel the ignorance and bigotry of the masses.

Recently, I stumbled upon Tucker Carlson talking about the metric system, calling it "weird Utopian inelegant creepy system":

Every year, they go on and on about a war on Christmas. Whenever there is a conspiracy theory it is a high probability that you can see a Fox News pundit on air with it. They poison the public through numerous issues, and they normalize idiocy. The commentators on Fox News programs are more than commentators. They're agitators.

So, post your own examples from Fox News. How can this be battled? Other countries have their own news channels that behaves like Fox News. No matter how hungry people are for the truth channels like that still manage to poison the well. What can be done about them?

-Thread moved to the Academy, as it does not concern a current and specific political event. ~Abdülmecid I
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 06, 2019 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Clarification added.
    The Armenian Issue

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fox News: aka the Faux News

30 seconds in...He lies, and he says "kilograms" wrong, complete with a supremely punchable reaction face (not unlike his surrogate daddy).

He's a hack and a shining example of conservatism...Ignorance of reality, of science, etc...

I'm surprised he's still on then air after his antics but...hey...I have long given up on Fox News doing the right thing.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; June 06, 2019 at 02:02 PM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Wow bizaro world. I suppose Tucker would disappointed to learn how much of science and engineering in the US is metric (I wonder when Tucker watches a show with sombody in the hospital does he realize CC when they shoot somebody up is a metric measurement). Also even back in the day all the old tools my father saved from his father in law (pattern maker for GM) and his own tools as a tool and die maker might have used inches but after that they were essentially metric type braking them down to 100s or 1000s or 20s or 50s of segments. How exactly is the Metric system inelegant? Its consistent and logical - you can argue using the traditional UK/US system is fine for day to day simple applications because its what people know but it certainly is not elegant. I appreciate MSNBC is a left sound chamber but by in large I'v yet to notice when I happen to watch to see descend it this level of lunacy. I wonder if Tucker is also upset over the larger SI system of measurement standards but I suppose he never took a physics class or say chemistry or read scientific paper in his life.

I thought MSNBC was beating Fox in at least some ratings slots now a day.
    Last edited by conon394; June 06, 2019 at 03:17 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Wow bizaro world. I suppose Tucker would disappointed to learn how much of science and engineering in the US is metric.
    You assume that er Carlson actually cares about anything concerning science. Him and his ilk don't tend to care for that stuff.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    You assume that er Carlson actually cares about anything concerning science. Him and his ilk don't tend to care for that stuff.
    I did not assume its just I can't remember the last time I ever watched Fox news. I really don't have an appreciation of just how far outside of reality it is. I feel a bit sad for their viewers until I recall they are the base that got Trump elected. But seriously it too bad Edward R. Murrow can't rip himself out the grave and eat Tuckers head as a duty to TV journalism.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Blog Entries

Yep.

Little things such as truth and reality are not allowed there. The only good aspects of Fox are Chris Wallace and Shep Smith. After them it degrades into middle school levels of journalism, integrity, and morality. And that drove the fear engine that led to the living embodiment of a temper tantrum getting to sit behind the most prestigious desk in the country.

God bless America, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Yep.

Little things such as truth and reality are not allowed there. The only good aspects of Fox are Chris Wallace and Shep Smith. After them it degrades into middle school levels of journalism, integrity, and morality. And that drove the fear engine that led to the living embodiment of a temper tantrum getting to sit behind the most prestigious desk in the country.

God bless America, I guess.
    OT Well every June/July I prefer to ask the Goddess Athena do that on ta Panathênaia but that is just a conceit of an ex classical history major and I hope she is ok that pegging the exact date is difficult. I find ribs and red wine works and there is always fat and bones to burned. It kinda fun my kids have to up with lectures on classical history because thy like barbecue.
    Last edited by conon394; June 06, 2019 at 03:44 PM.

You guys might not show it but Fox News' viewership is over CNN or MSNBC. They marked their 17th year as most watched cable news network. A lot of people who don't know better tune in to get the conservative take on the news and they're poisoned by Fox News.
    The Armenian Issue

Himster's Avatar Praeses

I know plenty of people who watch it purely for its comedy value, like any other mindless reality TV show. So, I'd be sceptical of the scale of the effect it has.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Blog Entries

To be fair...If The Blaze or any of the other "news" sites were on TV in any serious capacity Fox's would be lower.

MSNBC/CNN and all the other more left-leaning news sources divide the viewership. Fox only has itself.

I'm not so sure. When its your only news source and you are not particularity good or care to do good online research I calling it a significant issue.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Fox news is pretty ridiculous. From the violent video game moral panic in the noughties pushed by pearl clutching Christians to complaining about millenials banning... handshakes? And this?

Alas Fox News is not available in Europe so I can’t say I have much experience with what it is like. I more or less only watch BBC News myself.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Alas Fox News is not available in Europe so I can’t say I have much experience with what it is like.
    You're not alone. Most people who complain about Fox's bias have never watched it either, except for a few short clips on YouTube, and don't know that there is a big difference between their news reporting and opinion programming, just like any other news outlet. Fox is pretty much the only right-leaning mainstream media outlet, so the left is incredibly invested in discrediting it in order to maintain their media monopoly. It's almost amusing to see them frothing at the mouth whenever someone mentions Fox News.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    You're not alone. Most people who complain about Fox's bias have never watched it either, except for a few short clips on YouTube, and don't know that there is a big difference between their news reporting and opinion programming, just like any other news outlet. Fox is pretty much the only right-leaning mainstream media outlet, so the left is incredibly invested in discrediting it in order to maintain their media monopoly. It's almost amusing to see them frothing at the mouth whenever someone mentions Fox News.
    They discredit themselves every time they try to claim they are the news rather than the Ministry of Truth for POTUS*

Miles

I will never forget the moment involving Tucker Carlson and tacos, just skip to 5:00 for the juicy stuff
    Last edited by RandomPerson2000; June 13, 2019 at 02:12 PM.

Used to watch this show every day.

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Fox news is pretty ridiculous. From the violent video game moral panic in the noughties pushed by pearl clutching Christians to complaining about millenials banning... handshakes? And this?

Alas Fox News is not available in Europe so I can’t say I have much experience with what it is like. I more or less only watch BBC News myself.
    Fox news is very much available in Europe in the form of local channels from Romania's Antena 3 to Italy's Berlusconi tv and to the BBC in Britain.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I understand a significant proportion of CNN and MSNBC viewership believe that a man who rules a country with an economy that's weaker than Canada, and who can't even keep his own security services and oligarchs in line is also a Bond villain who has been able to subvert the electoral system of the greatest super power the world has ever known, and install his puppet as the president.

Yeah. Fox is putrid, but liberal news services in America are not exactly known for their sanity.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Fox news is very much available in Europe in the form of local channels from Romania's Antena 3 to Italy's Berlusconi tv and to the BBC in Britain.
    How the hell is the bbc comparable to Fox?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

How the hell is the bbc comparable to Fox?
    Its not one is conservative propaganda and one is storied news outlet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast