View Poll Results: Where shall blood be spilled?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go east to the Severin (Attack vampires)

5 100.00%
  • Take the war to the Lycans (Attack wolfsmen)

0 0%
  • I don't know (Do whatever you want)

0 0%

Thread: Chronicles of the Night Breed (EOD II, Dark Fantasy AAR) [Updated 03.04.2020]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Campidoctor

Default Chronicles of the Night Breed (EOD II, Dark Fantasy AAR) [Updated 03.04.2020]

Chronicles of the Night Breed

Table of Content

"... And is it said that the sun once shined bright. That the world was full of life and lush green pastures.
    It is only a legend."

Welcome guys, gals, ghosts. This is a side project of mine. And yet another one of the mad derctor's crazy experiments.

What's this?

It's a semi-interactive AAR, set in the dark fantasy world of the infamous mod "End of Days II - Lycan Rising" by makanyane and Halie Satanus. I doubt anyone of you knows it. Which means that this story is indeed one of the forgotten. The mod, however, shouldn't. We will check this unusual, awesome mod out.

It's a mod that picks up Rome 1 Barbarian Invasion and throws it into a world of darkness. A world where your worst horror becomes a reality, set in a dying land with atrocious beasts, both in a physical and in a psychological form. Among vampires, wolfsmen, zombies, ghouls and ogres are the humans. Beings with weak bodys and a short lifespan but strong in the way of arcane magic and just as vile as the other creatures, if not even more.

It's a relatively old mod and its forums seem as (un)dead as the units in this mod. A normal thing, given that time is the devourer of everything.

"Why?", you might ask. Why another AAR? Are you not busy enough with "Derc Plays Through History" and all the other happening in your life already? Yes, I am. I am. I am ...

I'm usually a funny guy. But sometimes, in the middle of the night, I sit there, unable to sleep, the brain full of pitch black thoughts. Some people live in extremes, and so do I. This has to be nothing bad. It can be put to good use. Take it, twist it, make something creative out of it. We are all just human, aren't we?

There is no place for humour and love here. At least not on the surface. But as you might learn, this mod plays on the subsurface, creeping upon you from six feet under.

I recommend to read this AAR only in the night, when the light of the sun has left your home and you sit there in the dark silence of your room, altogether with something like a cherry tea. Hm. Nice ... warm ... crimson red. It may feel completely bonkers to read this on a bright sunny day.

In contrast to my other project, this one here will be updated on a very unregular basis. A side project, as I said. The campaign will be played as we progress. I haven't started the game yet.

This will be more text driven. I am usually a "show, don't tell" guy, so I will use images from various sources, but this time only for some atmospheric reasons or details. This AAR should also work without any images at all. They are supposed to be a nice addentum, nothing more.
    I do not want cotnb and dptwh to feel similar. However, some similarities exists. Loading screens as a chapter opener make a return as they are really adding some nice atmo to it.

It is of no use to explain all too much how this'll be. Let's just start and see for ourselves.

If you want to check out a little AAR by the mod authors themselve, then have a look here. You'll then also understand where this AAR's name comes from.
    If you want to check the mod itself out, you can find it here (subforums) and here (download).

⚠ Attention, Attention
    This introduction was a bit (!) show. I just want to do a dark fantasy AAR every now and then. Lol.
    Last edited by Derc; April 02, 2020 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Update ToC