Thread: CTD when try to start the game

Default CTD when try to start the game

i can past trough the menu, but cant start any quick battle, long campaing etc.
    i use 6.4 and UAC is already disabled.
    any susgestions?

Default Re: CTD when try to start the game

Good evening all

it seems i have the same issue with thread starter, and i m fighting hours through different topics to find a solution.

The issue is as thread starter's :

I have installed S.S.4 successfully and i have also installed 1.27 bugfix.
    I m trying to run the mod on a laptop with windows 10, and GTX1060.

Every time, Stainless Steel is launching, no issues, i can see the initial options screen and change any options i want (video, audio, game settings etc).
    Afterwards i choose to start a campaign, I can set any campaign setting I want (choose a faction, set difficulty, etc), i click Start, the loading screen for campaign is seen and loading, and when the loading bar (the sword) is fully loaded, the game is CTD every time.

I ve tried compatibility set to windows XP, windows 7, windows 8 and no compatibility, no effect, game still CTD.
    I ve disabled UAC on my laptop, no effect, game still CTD
    I ve check my nvidia settings to verify correctly that the game is handled by graphics card and not on board graphics, no effect, game still CTD.

to make things even more confused to me about the CTD reason, i happen to be an old and dedicated player of Stainless Steel and for this reason i had the game both on steam version (definitive edition) and on DVD version (M2TW - Gold Edition).
    I ve tried both installations (also using the fixes for Steam edition) but the result is always the exact same. Game is CTD when campaign map is ready to appear.

at the same time all battles from game options (custom battle, random battle) are also CTD with unspecified error message pop up.

throughout the years i ve played S.S.6.4 on a desktop with win7, a laptop with win 7 and a laptop with win8.1
    it might be something on this system (i ve never installed the game here before) but i really dont know what can be and by searching the forums for CTD issues, i cant find a solution that havent yet tried.

If any one can help it will be great.
    thank you!

well, maybe because were both using a laptop? medieval 2 doenst work very well whit it...
    still dont find a solution

i use windowns 8.1 btw

Can you post a log for the failures, so we can see if there's any issues that can be fixed.

Possible causes may be a faulty instllation, corrupt game files, hardware incompatibility, O/S incompatibility.