Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three Kingdoms 2010 TV series

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Three Kingdoms 2010 TV series

After watching that scene when Liu Bei throw his baby on the floor I came to think that some of the moments I find hilarious in this show might not be intentionally so...

Or is it ?

Damn, I find it beautiful mostly, but chinese culture is just so alien to me.
    Last edited by Leonardo; June 07, 2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Non-English comment removed.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

If you know cantonese, then youtube also carries a cantonese version with a much better theme song, which acts as a semi trailer for the series:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxlW...6o7sQD&index=1
    fantastic series. i do think they rushed the ending a bit though.
    maybe they ran out of budget, but it could easily have been 110-120 episodes long.
    The total war game missed the bio tab of the character. It would have been nice to see the ROTK historical reference of the character so that you get an idea who they are and their backstory and ending.
    At the moment, it's a little bit too generic. Maybe they should have 1 star generals all the way up to 5 star generals. At the moment there's only like 2 types, either legendary or not.
    It's what the ROTK games by KOEI always carried, a short bio of a character.

Probably the bloodiest period in world history as well, extract from wiki:
    "The Three Kingdoms period is one of the bloodiest in Chinese history. A nationwide census taken in AD 280, following the reunification of the Three Kingdoms under the Jin shows a total of 2,459,840 households and 16,163,863 individuals which was only a fraction of the 10,677,960 households, and 56,486,856 individuals reported during the Han era."
    If this period didn't happen, you might be seeing 4 billion chinese people on earth at the moment.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonuk88 View Post
    "The Three Kingdoms period is one of the bloodiest in Chinese history. A nationwide census taken in AD 280, following the reunification of the Three Kingdoms under the Jin shows a total of 2,459,840 households and 16,163,863 individuals which was only a fraction of the 10,677,960 households, and 56,486,856 individuals reported during the Han era."
    If this period didn't happen, you might be seeing 4 billion chinese people on earth at the moment.
    Welcome to these forums sir, we really appreciate you posting these, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    I somehow feel me ignored
    Sorry I didnt reply earlier sir, but thank you very much for posting your series, very interesting indeed.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Watched the whole series, thanks for posting, it was great. Reminded me of the Oba Nobunaga "King of Zipangu" series when playing Shogun 2.
    Last edited by Rhetorikolas; June 05, 2019 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    After watching that scene when Liu Bei throw his baby on the floor I came to think that some of the moments I find hilarious in this show might not be intentionally so...
    Or is it ?
    Damn, I find it beautiful mostly, but chinese culture is just so alien to me.
    Danke für die links, nachbar.
    Much of the series contains intentional over acting similar to Shakespearean films. Watch this scene with Brian Blessed as Caesar Augustus in the movie "I, Claudius."
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ohKuKy4_s

This type of acting is hilarious if you're not used to it.
    The baby throwing scene is also a made up event from the historical fiction novel in order to show how much he values his commanders.
    Last edited by Intranetusa; June 05, 2019 at 01:40 AM.

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

In general period drama do have some of period charm. Whenever a character decease the narrator highlights the loss with a great background score. No matter how the character contributed to the plot of the series. You as an audience accept that the character is like any other human being had their own drives , dreams and desires to accomplish and you should respect their pursuit for self actualisation. I watched gunshi Kanbe and TTK 2010. They both give a good Idea of the people and their mission. we are only actors in this play called life.

Trobalov's Avatar Greek Pride

Easily one of the best-filmed epic historical series. Amazing suspense, dialogues, and performances!

Things that really made me laugh was the soldiers shouting/interrupting the scenes "Pooooooo" which translates to "Report!" Half of them getting beat for bringing bad news

I strongly recommend those who have not watched the show to follow the steps below:

- Watch 1 episode
    - Play 1 hour of 3K
    - Repeat

Life is like Chess, once you make a move you can't take it back.

Miles

If I had one major issue with the series it's that all the armies looked the same. With the exception of the Xi Liang troops under Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu, I couldn't make heads or tails about what was going on.

People praise this show for its epic spectacle, but I'd much rather watch 12-24 dudes dressed in Yellow and Blue duking it out than watch black on black violence involving tens of thousand of dudes.
    The first time I saw Yuan Shao's army use chariots, or Cao Cao's army use tetsudo shields, I thought: Cool. We got some unit variety between the armies. But much later on....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Cao Cao and Liu Bei factions max out their tech tree resulting in similar unit compositions.
    Last edited by Swiss Army Cheese; June 06, 2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Accidently used quote tags instead of spoiler tags. How embarrassing.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jasonuk88 View Post
    The thirty year war in central europe had a similar effect, especially in the now Germany area. Down by one third I believe.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

There's another 1994 series which some says is better. Anyone watched it?

https://mydramalist.com/7165-romance...three-kingdoms

Found it on youtube. Being produced in the 90's, the visual quality is not as good as the 2010 series.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdAMXqGeRsOkXzuocRkBPhe5RhZ6RotGH
    Last edited by LestaT; June 07, 2019 at 12:01 AM.

Seen 11 episodes now. Drama and story is good but the combat scenes are like from C tier indie movie
    Last edited by Jin-; June 07, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintercross View Post
    I have this series on DVD, my in-laws bought it for me when they went back to china to visit family, I had mentioned I love the Three Kingdoms period to them.
    I haven't finished watching it all, but it's pretty great and the casting is spot on.
    Agreed its a really great series!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123