Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three Kingdoms 2010 TV series

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: Three Kingdoms 2010 TV series

The sound track is almost distracting with how hilariously bombastic it is even while they are just sitting around drinking tea. I get the idea that this is somewhat common in Chinese media?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

https://kissasian.sh/Drama/Three-Kingdoms

another link for the series
    it also has tons of chinese drama n movies

Mwulf's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Oh JESUS, FFS!! SPOILER ALERT! I'm not familiar with either the time period or the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novels and I'm following this series since yesterday and now you've kind of ruined it for me...

You now owe me alcohol for the next 10 years in order to give me brain damage and make me forget what you've just posted...
    You're about 1800 years too late to be calling that a spoiler.
    "What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power, and those who flatter them, hide in safe places and extol war--people who force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, sending them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war... mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites?"
    -Yang Wen-Li

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mwulf View Post
    You're about 1800 years too late to be calling that a spoiler.
    Funnily enough even an old fogey like me hadnt ever heard about the Three Kingdoms reference, whether by book or on film. its never too late to learn something new though

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Funnily enough even an old fogey like me hadnt ever heard about the Three Kingdoms reference, whether by book or on film. its never too late to learn something new though
    I am aware of the books and the tv series and Three Kingdoms (plus Warring States) is also partly included in my in uni course related to Asian civilization buy it was only after CA announced the game that I make the effort to watch the TV series. 😁

Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I am aware of the books and the tv series and Three Kingdoms (plus Warring States) is also partly included in my in uni course related to Asian civilization buy it was only after CA announced the game that I make the effort to watch the TV series. 
    Did you watch all of this series old chap, for that matter who has watched the whole series yet? if not which episode are you up to?

brig

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I watched the whole thing a few months ago (Finlander forced me to before the game came out), it's a highly recommended watch. Made me fall in love with Cao Cao, the actor truly is excellent.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Did you watch all of this series old chap, for that matter who has watched the whole series yet? if not which episode are you up to?

brig
    I basically watched it all except some episodes which is blocked.

Anyway, after Cao Cao's death, the series seems rushed. Have that HBO Rome season 2 feel after it. Not as bad as GoT Season 8 though. 😁

Did someone watch Secret of the Three Kingdoms? I just finished it and it was actually pretty damn good. It's less about the battles and more about the intriges and tactics with a large chunk dealing about the Battle of Guandu between Cao Cao and Yuan Shao. The centre of the series is clearly Emperor Xian but the one Character who steals the show is an fantastic Sima Yi. The visual adaptation and the music are also really really god. For the outfits used i am not that sure but Cao Ren and Cao Cao sometimes were an armor that is similar to the one of Mao Chao in the game. There is one paticular scene in the first episodes where the Tiger and Leopard Cav on foot defends the Cao manor and they have a leopard pattern on their cloaths. I don't know if it is fantasy but it looked quite cool.

Due to copyrights i just give a google link with the search combination: "Secret of the Three Kingdoms" where you can see some of the outfits to judge. edit: saw that someone made a similar post with images in the tw forum: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...three-kingdoms https://www.google.com/search?q=Secr...AEPKd0N45iwvM:

As for the entire series, you can watch it on viki.com legally for free with adds (or not if you use adblocker) or pay 4 dollars or so per month to watch hundreds of asian shows with subs legally. edit:

https://www.viki.com/tv/35857c-secret-of-the-three-kingdoms?locale=en

Last edited by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; June 01, 2019 at 05:29 PM.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

brig
    Watched the whole series back in 2014 which took me two weeks. And that was only possible by skipping the intro, it was getting a bit much listening to it half a dozen times a day

Still bounces around in my head occasionally when playing my mod.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 02, 2019 at 06:55 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Watched the whole series back in 2014 which took me two weeks. And that was only possible by skipping the intro, it was getting a bit much listening to it half a dozen times a day

I have to agree with that old boy! this series is really good starting point for anyone who want to get into the Spirit of Three Kingdoms, funnily enough, it has never been on my radar, despite embracing Chinese Culture and living in South East Asia for 10 years and not once returning to the UK.
    brig

I'd like to have a mod that makes the characters in the game look like the ones from this series.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

I skipped the intro from episode 2 already. This show is very enjoyable but the music isn't its best part. Hearing this baritone singer in the intro makes me feel like I'm sitting in the passenger seat next to a drunken driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    The sound track is almost distracting with how hilariously bombastic it is even while they are just sitting around drinking tea. I get the idea that this is somewhat common in Chinese media?
    Oh you mean that gimmick that sounds like sampled from an early 20th century Russian orchestral composition and played every time something bad is about to happen : an ambush, a betrayal, a villain threatening the hero or a member of the war council farting in silence.

Watched a few episodes already ; this Cao Cao character is fantastic. The actor is impressive indeed.
    Last edited by Yerevan; June 02, 2019 at 12:34 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    I'd like to have a mod that makes the characters in the game look like the ones from this series.
    Like this or more 'life' like?

Last edited by Gigantus; June 02, 2019 at 09:48 AM.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I have seen the series about 2.5 times. It is just excellent ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I watched the whole thing a few months ago (Finlander forced me to before the game came out), it's a highly recommended watch. Made me fall in love with Cao Cao, the actor truly is excellent.
    Oh Finlander that old skunk

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    I'm waiting for more horses variants from you. 😁

Patrician Citizen

Personally I have stopped playing my campaign, in favour of watching this brilliant series, that and I am waiting for multiplayer lobbies to be fixed.
    brig

up to episode 21, my feels

I somehow feel me ignored

Proud to be a real Prussian.

I watched and downloaded all 95 episodes when I was doing my 3K mod for M2TW back in 2012-14. We used some of the scenes for in game movies and for loading screens if memory serves. Gotta love an epic drama like that
    Your mod was/is great. I remember playing beta a lot ages ago.

@OP thanks for the suggestion, will watch it.
    Last edited by Jin-; June 03, 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast